- Reconcile In Quickbooks Online
How To Reconcile In Quickbooks Online
Wondering how to reconcile in QuickBooks Online?
To reconcile is a process of moving your online bank account details with QBs online. By doing so, you can have accurate financial data about your account because your bank and credit card records are also stored with QuickBooks online.
General Steps To Reconcile In QuickBooks Online
- On the QuickBooks online screen, click the Gear
- Select the Tools option followed by
- Navigate to the Accounts
- Choose your account type from the given drop-down menu.
- Now, refer to your bank statement information and collect the following details: Ending balance and Ending date.
- After collecting the data, enter them into the corresponding fields.
- Select the desired transactions and filters for them.
- Continue applying the filter for your transaction until the QuickBooks account and your bank account statement becomes $0.In the end, the Success page will be displayed on the screen.
Now, let’s see how to reconcile in QuickBooks online in detail. The below step-by-step instructions are some examples to reconcile.
Step 1: Open The Reconcile Page
You can open the Reconcile page in two different ways.
Method 1: From the Accounting tab
- Go to the Navigation and Locate and click the Accounting
- Select the Reconcile
Method 2: From the Gear menu
- Navigate to the Gear
- Click the Tools option followed by
Step 2: Select The Account Type
- In the Reconcile window, choose the desired account from the drop-down menu.
- Now, enter your QuickBooks account’s Ending balance and Ending date in the corresponding fields.
Step 3: Start Reconcile
- O Click the Start recording button after entering the account details in the given fields.
- Now, the recording process will be initiated.
- Match your expense statement with the expense details listed in the checks and payments list.
- O If the statement and the list matches, check them.
- Make sure that in the end,the difference should be $0.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the reconciliation