- Retrieve Deleted Messages
How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android?
Carry out one of the procedures given on this web page to recover deleted messages on Android mobile phone.
Procedure 1: SMS Backup & Restore
- Tap the Play Store icon, navigate to the search field, and type ‘sms backup restore’ without including the quotes.
- Choose the SMS Backup & Restore application from the search result and tap the Install option.
- As you tap the Open option, the installed application will be launched on the Android mobile phone.
- Tap the Get Started option at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Allow -> Allow -> Allow -> Allow to give permissions to access contacts, media, messages, and phone calls.
- Touch the Set Up a Backup option, turn on the toggle switch next to Messages, and tap the Next option at the bottom.
- Now, you will see the Google Drive, Dropbox, and Your Phone options on the screen.
- Mention the location where you have to save the restored messages and tap Next.
- If needed, turn on the toggle switch next to Schedule recurring backups and select Daily, Weekly, or Hourly.
- Tap the Back Up Now option, and you will see the Backed Up Today message on the screen.
- Go back to the main screen of the SMS Backup & Restore application, tap the Menu icon at the left, and choose the Restore option.
- Choose your recent backup, tap the Restore option, and select the OK option followed by the Yes option.
- The application starts to recover deleted messages on Android mobile phone.
- When you see the Restore Completed message on the screen, tap the Close option.
Procedure 2: Google Drive
- If you have already created a Google Drive backup, you can prefer this method.
- Launch Google Drive on the Android mobile phone.
- Go to Menu, choose the Backups option, and check if the data has been backed up.
- To restore the backed up data, you have to access Google Drive from another Android mobile phone.
Procedure 3: Third-Party App
- You can use any third-party Android data recovery software to recover your deleted messages. The following steps are for the FonePaw data recovery software.
- Go to your computer and download the FonePaw software from the manufacturer website.
- Install the downloaded software as per the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the FonePaw software and establish a connection between the Android mobile phone and the computer using a USB cable.
- Go back to the Android mobile phone, navigate to the Settings application, and tap the Developer Options option.
- Go to the Debugging section and then turn on the toggle switch beside USB Debugging.
- Click the Contacts & Messages option, select Messages -> Message Attachments, and click the Next option.
- Give access on the Android mobile phone.
- Now, you will see the deleted text messages on the computer’s screen.
- Select the checkbox next to the text message that you need to restore and click Recover.
How to recover deleted messages on Android mobile steps are successfully completed.