- How to Remove Malwarebytes from Mac
How to Remove Malwarebytes from Mac
Malwarebytes is an antivirus program that promises to crushes latest threats even before the other antivirus programs detect them. It blocks malware, virus, malicious websites, ransomware, and hackers. Employing technologies like anomaly detection, behavior matching, and application hardening helps in deleting viruses that are brand new. Also, it helps in cleaning an infected computer. It is the best choice for those that are looking for a malware scanner and virus removal tool for their computers.
This program is also compatible with Mac computers. Anyway, if you don’t find Malwarebytes needful or meeting your antivirus requirements, you can always uninstall it. You’re probably here because you have Malwarebytes installed on your Mac and are looking for ways to uninstall the program. There are two ways of removal which are both fairly easy to follow.
- Move your cursor to the Applications folder and then open the Malwarebytes app.
- Click on the Help menu and pick Uninstall Malwarebytes.
- On the window that appears asking confirmation, click Yes.
- Enter the computer’s admin password and uninstall Malwarebytes.
By now, almost all the components of the software must have been removed. Since this is quick and easy, it is the most preferred method of Malwarebytes removal from a Mac. If Method 1 doesn’t work,
- This is the Malwarebytes Uninstaller Script.
- Click it and download.
- Or Copy and paste the uninstaller’s link into your browser’s address bar. Hit Enter.
- The zip file of the uninstaller is downloaded to your computer.
- The downloaded zip file should be saved to a specific destination on your Mac.
- Locate the file and select it.
- Right-click and go to Unzip.
- Decide to unzip your files to this Mac from the drop-down menu.
- A Finder style window opens.
- Go to the folder where the you want the file to be saved.
- Select to unzip the entire file or Selected items.
- Click the New Folder button and give the file a name. Hit Create.
- Launch the uninstaller program by running the executable file.
- Click Yes when enquired if you want to remove all components of Malwarebytes from Mac.
- Upon finishing, the components of Malwarebytes are deleted.
Taking Mac computers into account, dragging an app, and leaving it in Trash isn’t enough to uninstall everything related to the application. Many components of the application might still be around there on the computer. These methods are suitable for all versions of Mac OS or Mac OS X. The uninstaller script is valid for 10.10 and later versions. It is also possible to manually remove Malwarebytes from the Mac computer. But it is much more complicated than using the uninstaller tool that comes with the antivirus application or running the uninstaller script. Compared to the manual removal process involving going around various user and system folders, searching for system files including lists, extensions, and other format files, the above-given method is a breeze.
Remember that you can always install Malwarebytes back in case you feel the need for it in the future.