How to Reset Canon Printer Guidance
Canon printers perform well in both home and office environment. They are easy to operate and long-lasting. Yet, one or two error might pop up in between the printer operation. Though they can be cleared easily, they undoubtedly disrupt your work. Sometimes, a soft or hard reset on the printer can clear the issues permanently. Below given are the instruction on how to reset Canon printer.
Quick steps for printer Reset
Resetting the printer will take it back to its default factory settings and clear all the settings. Note that the settings have to be configured again and the network connection should be re-established.
- Turn your printer on.
- “Tap” and open the Menu.
- Navigate through the Setup Menu.
- Head to Device Settings and press OK.
- Choose Reset Settings > OK.
All the changes you’ve made to the printer settings are reset, and then you’ll have to set the date & time. The language has to be input. Connect the printer to the local wireless network again. Also, see that the error message has been cleared.
How to Reset Canon Printer Ink Level?
Ink Level in Canon printers needs to be reset so that the embedded chips on the ink cartridges are identified. Unless reset, the newly replaced cartridge is considered empty. “Follow the instructions below to reset the cartridge. The procedure might differ with the printer models.”
Guide: Canon Pixma MP & MX Printer Reset
- Select Stop/Reset or Resume on the computer screen.
- Else, “press” the Stop/Reset or Resume button on the printer for about 5 seconds.
- The printing process will still continue under the ink out condition.
Guide: Canon Pixma iP Printer Reset
- Press down the Resume button.
- Hold down the “Power button”.
- Press down both the buttons for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the Resume button.
- Now, push the “Resume button” 5 times.
- Release the Power button, and after a few seconds, the Power light becomes steady.
Guide: Canon Pixma Printers With LCD Printer Reset
- Turn off the printer.
- Keep the Power button pushed down and hold the Stop button.
- Release the Stop button alone.
- Press it twice in a row.
- The Stop button has to be pressed four times in a row.
- Push the Power button twice.
- Power down the printer and then turn it on.
- The printer is reset.
- Pull out the power and USB cables from the printer.
- Open the cartridge door and press down the Power button.
- Reconnect the Power cable while holding down the Power button.
- Shut the cartridge door and release the Power button.
- The ink cartridge is now reset.
All Canon Pixma Printers Reset Guidance
- Turn off the printer and detach the connected cables from it.
- Plug back the cables and turn it on.
- Hold down the Power button and hit the Stop button.
- Release the Power button alone.
- Tap the right arrow button until you see the Shipping Mode 3 on the LCD.
- A message “ Without Cleaning” appears on the screen.
- Tap the Stop button.
- A command is sent to the printer to print a test page.
- Pull open the printer cover and hold on while the cartridges move to the left.
- Power down the printer and take the cartridges out of it.
- Plug the printer back into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Upon seeing the Replace Cartridges message, position the ink cartridges in their respective slots.
- Try to print once the cartridges are recognized.
- For, more queries related how to reset Canon printer & other issues contact our experts.