How to Reset PlayStation 4?
You can reset your PS4 device from your system software or the Safe Mode.
How to reset PlayStation 4 using system software, follow the guided instructions given below. There are many different ways to reset the PS4 from the system software. The first two methods are discussed below.
- Switch on your PS4 device and navigate to the Settings section.
- Scroll down the Settings section and select the PlayStation Network/ Account Management option.
- This method allows you to access the downloaded games offline.
- You can reset your PS4 device by enabling the Deactivate option in the Activate as Your Primary PS4 section.
- To know how, navigate to the Activate as Your Primary PS4 section from your PS4 device’s home screen.
- Highlight the Deactivate option and press the OK button on your PS4 device’s controller.
You can find how to reset PlayStation 4 from Safe Mode in the section given below:
- First, turn off your PS4 device and unplug it from the power source.
- After a while, locate and press the Power button on your PS4 device manually so that it will turn ON in Safe Mode.
- Make sure to hold down the Power button for a maximum of 8 seconds or until you hear the beep sound.
- Once your PS4 device turns ON in Safe Mode, select the Restore Default Settings option from the Settings menu.
- Now, your PS4 device’s factory settings will be reset, but the system settings will not be changed.
- If you want to reset the system settings also, select the Initialise PS4 (Reinstall System Software) option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to finish the reset process.
How to Reset PS4 Controller?
How to reset PlayStation 4’s device controller, read and proceed with the guided instructions given below:
- Make sure to turn off your PS4 device while resetting its controller.
- You can find a new Reset button at the controller.
- Locate and press the Reset button.
- You can use a paper clip to press the Reset button.
- Hold down the Reset button for a while.
- Once the controller is reset successfully, repair it.
- To know how to repair the controller with your PS4 device, click the Call button available on this screen.
How to Reset PS4 Password?
You can reset your PlayStation 4 device’s password through a mobile phone number.
If you have not linked your mobile phone with the PS4 account, follow the instructions given below to know how to add your mobile number to the PS4 account.
- From your system’s web browser, navigate to the PlayStation Network web page.
- Choose the Security option in the Account section.
- Select Edit. Provide your PF4 account credentials to sign in when prompted.
- Once you have logged in to your PF4 account successfully, select the Add a Mobile Phone option.
- Enter your mobile number in the given field.
- After entering it, click the Continue button.
- Now, you will receive a verification code on the entered mobile number.
- Note it down and enter it in the given field and click the Verify button.
- Once your mobile number is added successfully, perform the reset process as instructed below:
- Navigate to the PlayStation Network sign-in page.
- Select the Trouble signing in option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
- After resetting your password, create a new password by following the on-screen instructions.
Reset PlayStation 4 Wifi
- Switch on your PlayStation 4 device and navigate to the Settings section.
- Locate the Initialization option in the Settings section.
- Select the Restore Default Settings option.
- Now, the Restore Default Settings window will appear with a list of settings that will be reset.
- You can find the Network option in this section.
- Press the OK button on your PS4 device’s controller.
- Now, the Network reset process begins.
- Once it is done, re-configure the Wi-Fi network on your PS4 device.
Reset PlayStation 4 Headset
How to reset PlayStation 4 device’s headset, follow the quick, simple steps given below:
- First, you have to connect your wireless adapter to a PlayStation device.
- You can also connect the wireless adapter to the other powered USB port.
- After that, locate the reset button on the wireless adapter.
- Get a small pin or paper clip to press the reset button.
- Press the reset button for one second.
- After that, locate and hold down the MUTE and VSS buttons.
- Now, slide the Power switch from 1 to 2 while holding the MUTE and VSS buttons.
How to Reset PlayStation 4 Remote?
The steps for resetting the PlayStation 4 device’s remote are provided above. Refer to those steps and execute them. To get remote assistance on the same, click the Call button.