- how to reset simplisafe camera
how to reset simplisafe camera
SimpliSafe is a camera used for security purposes. It enables you to watch over everything in full-color HD. It can keep your family safe with its security system and real protection features. Meanwhile, it may start to malfunction over a period. However, almost all the issues can be fixed with a simple reset. SimpliSafe cameras have a physical reset button so that you can easily reset your device without much effort. If you want to know the procedure for resetting your SimpliSafe camera, follow the instructions given in this article.
Steps to reset your SimpliSafe camera
- You can easily reset your SimpliSafe camera with a few steps. Locate the Reset button on your SimpliSafe camera and press it for 20 seconds.
- Now, the lights will start to flash, and your camera will be restarted.
- If you see the solid yellow light on your camera, it signifies that your camera is updating its firmware. So wait until the firmware process gets completed. Then, your SimpliSafe camera will restart.
- You can also reset your device by unplugging it from all the cables. When you do so, it will force your SimpliSafe camera to reset. It will be an ideal alternative option if you cannot reset your device using the Reset button. However, if this procedure does not work, you can just reinstall the device.
- Once you reset your device, you need to reinstall it.
- To do so, open the SimpliSafe application. Navigate to the main menu and choose the Camera option.
- Click the gear icon at the bottom-left corner and select the Add New Camera option.
- Rename your camera and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. Choose your preferences and complete the configuration process.
In this manner, you can reset your SimpliSafe camera. If you need further assistance, get back to us.