- Reset The iPad Mini
How To Reset The iPad Mini? [Complete Guide]
If your iPad Mini starts to malfunction or fails to respond to your commands, you can go ahead and reset your device. Usually, resetting a device is the best troubleshooting technique to fix the ongoing issue. On iPad Mini, there are two options to reset your device: hard reset and soft reset. Continue to read the following sections for How To Reset The iPad Mini.
iPad Mini Soft Reset
- When you do a soft reset, it will restart your device with force. To move ahead, follow the instructions given below.
- Hold down the Power button until the red slider shows up. Then, toggle the slider to turn off the device.
- Again, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on your iPad Mini device. If you cannot fix the ongoing issue with the soft reset, proceed with the next solution to hard reset your iPad.
iPad Mini Hard Reset
- On your iPad Mini, navigate to the Settings section. Then, choose the General option followed by Reset.
- Locate and tap on the Erase All Content and Settings button.
- When a pop-up appears, press the Erase button.
- Now, your device restarts and turns on with the default factory settings.
Restore iPad Mini From iTunes
- If you prefer to restore your iPad Mini from iTunes, go to the Settings section and make sure that the Find My iPad option is disabled.
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Now, choose the device icon in the upper-left corner.
- In the left pane, choose Summary and click on the Restore iPadbutton.
- If the Restore iPad button is grayed out, it signifies that the synchronization or download is in progress. Thus, wait for the sync/download to complete and until the button lights up.
- If you want to back up your device, choose the Backup option. If not, select Don’t Back up; then, click Restore.
- Now, your iPad Mini device will be restored. You can either set your iPad Mini with the new settings or restore your data from the backup.
Now, you have successfully completed How To Reset The iPad Mini device. To get instant support, reach our friendly experts.