- Scan Setup
How to Scan a Document on Canon Printer?
Much of the Canon printers are designed for two-sided scanning. The scanned files can be converted into multiple formats. Read below to scan and convert documents into searchable digital copies via a single-pass duplex document feeder. On the printer, scanning can be performed from a computer, access point, or the operation panel of the machine itself. Make sure to install the necessary software before proceeding how to scan a document on Canon printer from the computer or other mobile devices.
Quick Steps for Scanning from Computer
- Connect your Canon printer to the computer via a USB cable.
- Turn on the printer with the Power button.
- “Pull up” the scanner’s lid and place the paper on the tray.
- Keep the document face-down on the scanner glass.
- Pull down the scanner lid and firmly shut it.
- On your Windows computer, go to “Start > Fax and Scan > New Scan”.
- Choose your printer model in the Scanner option.
- Configure the scan settings and click Preview.
- Hit Scan.
Detailed Steps for Canon Printer Scan Function
- Keep the item face down on the platen.
- Leave 0.4-inch space between the edges of the platen and the document.
- If multiple documents are to be scanned, keep them each at a gap of 0.4 inches from each other.
- A maximum of 12 documents is allowed on the scanner glass.
Launch the Scanner Software
- Access Start> All Programs > Canon Utilities.
- Start IJ Scan Utility on your computer.
- Click Settings and change the paper size, resolution, for scanning.
- Pick the mode of scanning.
- Choosing the Auto, Document, and Photo options will perform scanning with the default settings.
- Tap Custom to set your favorite values for scanning.
- You get to choose the Resolution, Data Format, and destination.
- The application to which the scan output has to be sent is also chosen.
- Stitch feature is opted when the original document is bigger than the platen.
- In such cases, the original is scanned in halves and then combined.
- Modify the Output Size, Scan Image 1, and Scan Image 2.
- Select Scan from Left in the Scan Direction.
- Position the item to be displayed on the left and click Start Scanning Image 1.
- Repeat the above procedure with the other half and click Start Scanning Image 2.
- Use the Toolbar to adjust the position of the image.
- Click Save.
- The Auto feature in IJ Scan Utility can detect the presence of multiple originals.
- So, set the mode as Auto if multiple documents/photos are to be scanned.
- Or head to Custom Scan > Select Source > Paper Size (Auto Scan) > OK.
Check the Scan Results
- Select Settings > Photo Scan > Check Scan Results > OK.
- Modify the image order or file save options as preferred.
Send Scanned Files via E-mail
- Within the Application Settings, access Attach to e-mail.
- Click OK.
- Enter the recipient address, subject, and message.
- The mail settings have to be configured in the e-mail settings.
- For, more info related how to scan a document on Canon printer contact our experts.