How to Scan in Kyocera Printer
The Kyocera Multi-Function printers have the capability to perform photocopying and scanning documents to USB or email. They are quite inexpensive and function like any other standard printer.Before you start using a Kyocera Multi-Function printer, you have to check if the green Energy Saver button on the printer is lit. If the button is lit, please press it and then wait a few seconds for your printer to start up.Now, let us see how to scan in your Kyocera printer to USB and to email.
Scanning to USB:
- The first step is to insert your USB stick. Now, you will find the Displaying files dialog box on the touchscreen. So, you have to select the Yes option.
- The next step will be to touch the Plus sign located at the top-right corner. This action will save a file to the USB stick’s root directory.
- Now, touch the File Name Entry option and then enter your file name without using the .pdf extension.
- Please click Next. From the displayed menu, select the None option.
- Next, you have to place your original document in the feeder such that its right side is up.
- Now, press the Start button. This button will be the big green one and is used for launching scan/copy jobs.
- After you press the green Start button, you have to touch the Finish Scan option.
- Please wait for the Kyocera machine to finish processing.
- Once the processing is over, you can remove your USB stick.
You have now successfully finished scanning to USB using your Kyocera printer.
Scanning to Email:
- To the left of your touchscreen, you will see the small black Send button. Please press it.
- In case the recipient’s email address is already available in the address book, follow the steps given here:
- First, touch the Address Book.
- Next, select the box that is beside the destination address.
- Now, touch the OK option.
However, if the recipient’s email address is not available in the address book, then you can make use of the following steps:
- You can touch the Email option and enter the recipient’s address. Press the OK option for a one-off mail.
- Or else, after entering the recipient’s address, touch the Menu option followed by the Add to Address Book option. And then, press OK.
- Now, place your original document in the feeder. Then, press the green Start button.
- Finally, you have to touch the Finish Scan option.
You have now successfully finished scanning to email using your Kyocera printer.