How to Scan on Canon Printer Guidance
About Canon Printer Scan
Scanning lets you save the digital version of a physical document that is to be sent to other people via email. This is an important practice in businesses. Many Canon printers come with inbuilt scanners. Canon printers require the installation of IJ Scan Utility to begin scanning. IJ Scan Utility is a scanner software that enables easy scanning of photos and documents on your printer. Learn how to scan on canon printer using below insructions.
Confirm that your Canon printer can scan and that the IJ Scan Utility is installed on your computer. Connect the printer to the computer via a USB cable or local network.
Quick Steps for Scan Setup
- Power on the printer after connecting it to a working power outlet.
- “Pull open” the scanner’s lid such that you’re able to see the glass bottom of the scanner.
- Place the document to be scanned on the scanner tray.
- “Keep” the side to be scanned facing downward.
- Shut the scanner lid firmly before proceeding.
- Open Start and click the Windows logo on your computer.
- Head to the Canon IJ Scan Utility and click start it.
- “Select” the Mode of scanning and proceed.
- You can configure scan settings in the Custom Scan option.
- Hit OK and continue to perform the scan.
Detailed Solution for How to Scan on Canon Printer
Canon IJ Scan Utility is the software with which canon printers scan physical documents and convert them into their corresponding digitized copies. The features are placed in a user-friendly manner such that the scan can be performed in a few clicks. Scan Gear is the feature within the software that can be used to correct images before scanning.
The modes such as Auto, Photo, Document, Custom, and Stitch appear on the main screen of the application. Choose the one you require and configure the desired settings. First, turn on the printer and connect it to the computer.
- Keep the item to be scanned face-down on the platen.
- Make sure you give a space of at least 0.4 inches between the corner of the platen and the item.
- If you’re about to scan multiple items, arrange the originals on the scanner with a 0.4-inch gap between each of them.
- Open the document tray if the Automatic Document Feeder is to be used for scanning.
- Place the documents on the ADF facing up and then adjust the width guides.
Start IJ Scan Utility
- Select Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > Canon IJ Scan Utility on your computer.
- Tap Auto. Make changes to Scan Options, Save Settings, and Application Settings.
- You get to pick the Data format and location to which the file is to be saved.
Custom Scan Settings
- Customize the scan settings such as Color Mode, Paper Size, Resolution, etc.
- When the original is larger than the platen, click Stitch on the Main menu.
- Pick the Output Size according to the paper size.
- With the original to be displayed on the left facing down on the platen, click Start Scanning Image 1.
- Keep the other side of the original on the platen and click Start Scanning Image 2.
- Make the required adjustments and tap Save.
Saving after Previewing
- Enable the Check Scan Results option within the Save Settings option.
- Hit OK. Preview the output after each scan session.
Email the scanned file
- Click the Attach to email option within Application Settings.
- Specify the recipient, subject, and message.
- Upon clicking OK, the scanned file is emailed to the recipient every time you scan something.
- How to scan on Canon printer related queries or troubleshooting process contact our experts.