- Canon Printer Setup
How to Setup Canon Printer?
Canon printers might be laser, InkJet, Color, Home Office, or MegaTank InkJet categorized based on the functionality and technologies used. How to setup Canon Printer processes are anyway, in an almost similar manner. Powering up the printer followed by establishing the required connections is the prime step in the setup process.
Quick Steps for Canon Printer Setup
- Place the printer on a horizontal table close to a wall socket.
- Open the printer cover and remove the packing materials within it.
- Attach the printer’s power cord to the electric socket and turn it on.
- Set the printers settings on the machine’s LCD.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the tapes from them.
- “Install” them in their respective slots in a slant angle.
- Push them down well into their slots and close the printer lid.
- Run the setup file on the CD-ROM and connect your printer to the computer.
- Begin to print with the printer software on your computer.
Detailed guidance for Canon Printer Unboxing & Setting Up
Prepare The Printer
- Keep the printer on a flat surface.
- See that there are no objects in front of the machine.
- Remove the tapes and protective material on the machine.
- Open the printer cover and pull the scanning unit support down into its place.
- Discard the protective material on the right side of the printer.
- Lift the scanning unit a little to keep the cover back in its original position.
- Establish connection with any external devices.
- Tuck the power cord into the printer’s rear.
- Connect its other end to the electric socket.
- Push the Power button to turn the printer on.
- The Power lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- Select the desired language with the left and right arrow buttons.
- Press OK and wait for the Set Ink Cartridge message to appear.
- Upon opening the scanner cover, the cartridge holder will automatically slide to the left.
- Note down the printer’s serial number ad register the printer.
Install the Ink Cartridges
- Open the black ink cartridge box.
- Peel off the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Place the black cartridge into the left slot in a slant position.
- Press down the cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Repeat the above procedure for the color cartridges as well.
- Close the scanning unit.
- Hold on for the CART.RETURN message on the printer’s LCD.
- Press OK if you see any error messages on the printer.
- Align the print head and adjust the position of the paper thickness lever in case of errors.
- Turn on the computer.
- Insert the CD-ROM and run the setup file in it.
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.
- Agree to the License Agreement and click Yes.
- Connect the printer to the computer while prompted by the installer.
- Now, how to setup Canon printer process is complete.