- Unboxing and Setup Hp Deskjet 1010 Printer
How To Setup Hp Deskjet 1010 Printer?(Unboxing & Setting Up)
The procedure to unbox and how to Setup HP Deskjet 1010 printer are provided below.
- After opening the printer box, check if the following accessories present inside it.
- Power cord and power adapter
- Black and tri-color cartridges
- Cartridge card
- Installation CD for both Mac and Windows
- Hold the plastic bag and lift the printer out of the printer box.
- Make sure to remove all the packing and protective materials from the outside of the printer.
- Also, remove the packing materials in the cartridge access area of the printer.
- Untwist the power cable and connect it to the power adapter.
- Find the purple color port at the rear side of the HP Deskjet 1010 printer and plug the power cable into it.
- Attach the power cord to the power source.
- On the front panel of the printer, hold the ON button to power up the printer.
- Lift the printer’s paper tray and pull out the output tray extender.
- Move the paper width guide to its extreme position.
- Place enough white paper with the print side facing up in the paper tray.
- Make sure to adjust the paper width guides as per the paper dimension to fit the paper correctly in the HP Deskjet 1010 printer’s paper tray.
Ink cartridge installation
- Lower the ink cartridge access door.
- Use scissors to remove the packing cover of the tri-color cartridge.
- Place the tri-color cartridge in its slot correctly.
- After removing the black cartridge from the package, insert it into its slot.
- Note: Peel off the orange tape before cartridge installation.
- Make sure to close the HP Deskjet 1010 printer’s ink cartridge door properly. click here for the Hp Printer installation Procedure
Ink Cartridge Alignment
- The printer manufacturer recommends to install and run the HP alignment software to align the ink cartridges.
- This will give the best quality print results.
- Below are the instructions to align the ink cartridge on your Windows computer.
- Once you install the HP printer software on the Windows computer, launch it by selecting the HP printer software from the Start menu.
- After selecting the Maintain Your Printer option, navigate to the Devices Services tab and click the Align Ink Cartridges.
- The printer aligns the ink cartridges and prints an alignment sheet.
- Once you review the alignment sheet, proceed with the on-screen guidelines to finish the ink cartridges alignment.
- To finish this process, click the Done button, and you can perform various printer functions on the HP Deskjet 1010 printer.