- Start Reconciling In Quickbooks Online
How To Start Reconciling In Quickbooks Online? [Quick Guide]
Reconciling is a process that helps you check and ensure that your QuickBook account statement is the same as your bank or credit card statement. Even if it is easy to reconcile, some people may face problems while preparing it. If you’re one of the users who has faced many issues while starting reconciling, scroll down this page to know how to start reconciling in QuickBooks online.
Steps To Start Reconciling In QuickBooks Online
Step 1: Reviewing The Opening Balance
As the first step, review your opening account (that you wish to reconcile with your QuickBook account) balance. You need to do it because after completing the reconciling process, you need to make sure that your real-life bank account balance and the QuickBook account balance are the same. Review the opening balance of your online banking account and then go to the next step.
Step 2: Starting A Reconciliation
Note: You can start the reconciliation process only if you have at least one month’s bank or credit card statement.
- Go to QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the Settings button.
- From the list of options, select the Reconcile option.
- Now, you can see the Get Started button if you’re starting the reconcile process for the first time.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- Choose the online bank account that you wish to reconcile from the Account menu.
- Make sure that your beginning balance is correct.
- Now, type the ending balance detail in the field titled Ending Balance or New Balance. Similarly, in the Ending date field, type the ending date to close the reconciliation.
- Now, check and ensure that you have entered the reconciliation details correctly in the given fields.
- Click on the Start Reconciling button.
- Now, the reconciling process will be initiated.
To know more about starting reconciling in QuickBooks online, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.