- Transferring Contacts From Android To Iphone
How To Transfer Contacts From Android To Iphone?
So, you are here as you want to transfer contacts from android to iPhone device. It means you have gotten yourself a brand new iPhone for yourself and wondering what can be more complicated than transferring contacts from one device to another. Well, it is easier to perform the steps if both are of the same mobile operating system (Android- Android) or (iOS- iOS). There are different ways to transfer your data from your Android phone to the iPhone, and the methods are described below.
Method 1: Use Move Data From Android Option
- The Apple devices have now made transferring of data from Android to iOS quite easy.
- Open the Google play store, search Move to iOS and tap the search button.
- When the app is shown in the search result, tap the Install button near the Move to iOS app name.
- Run the application once the download is completed. The app will help in moving all the contents of your Android phone (Contacts, texts, media, email accounts, calendars)
- You will receive a code once the sync is complete. Make sure to take a note of the 6-digit code.
- Now, on your iOS device, navigate to the Settings option and select Apps and Data.
- Select the option Move data from android, enter the confirmation code that appears in the Android app, and tap the Next button on the top right corner of the iOS device.
- Once the code is confirmed, you can transfer contacts from android to iPhone devices.
Method 2: Use Of Sim Card
- You can easily make use of the SIM card to transfer the contacts from an Android to iPhone.
- Even before the rise of smartphones, the SIM card transfer was considered to be the most comfortable and easiest way of transferring contacts from one device to another.
- Follow the steps to export contacts to SIM card:
- Launch your android phone and open the contacts icon.
- Tap the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Manage Contacts option.
- Select the Import/Export option from the Manage Contacts list.
- Select the Export button from the Export contacts category and select the SIM card radio button.
- Tap the Export button on the bottom of the screen.
- Please wait for the contacts to be exported.
- Once the Export is complete, remove the SIM card from the Android phone and insert it into the iPhone.
- Turn on your iPhone and navigate to the Settings option.
- Select Contacts > Import SIM contacts.
- The import process will now start, and once the transfer contacts from android to iPhone process is completed, you will be able to see the contacts on your iPhone device.
Method 3: Use Google Sync
- You can easily backup your Android phone’s contacts to Google.
- The backup usually happens automatically, if you have your Google account and the sync option turned on.
- You can turn off the sync option on your Android phone. Follow the directions given below:
- Go to the Settings option on your Android phone and select Accounts.
- Select the Sync account and turn the Sync contacts toggle switch to On.
- Wait for the syncing to finish.
- Now open the Google account on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings option on your iPhone and select Passwords & Accounts.
- Select Gmail from the list and turn on the toggle switch for Contacts.
- Your iPhone address book will now sync the Gmail contacts. Now you are sucessfully transfer contacts from android to iPhone successfully.