How to Transfer Quickbooks to a New Computer
You can transfer QuickBooks in two ways, using the migrator tool and manually installing QuickBooks to a new computer.
METHOD 1 – Using Migrator Tool
- After opening the main interface of the QuickBooks software on an old computer, move the cursor to the File tab and then click it.
- Click Utilities followed by the Move QuickBooks to another computer button.
- Select the I’m Ready button.
- After creating a one-time password, select the USB drive that you want to use for transferring QuickBooks from the old computer to the new computer.
- Wait for some time to copy all the files.
- First, insert the USB flash drive on the new computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the QuickBooks software on a new computer by double-clicking the Move_QuickBooks.bat file.
- Type the one-time password that you have created on your old computer.
- Click the Let’s Go button.
- Wait until the migration process is over.
- The time taken to finish the migration process of QuickBooks depends on the internet speed of the new computer.
METHOD 2 – Installing Quickbooks Manually
- Visit the manufacturer site.
- After specifying the country, product, and version, click the Download button to download the QuickBooks software on the new computer.
- After installing the QuickBooks software on the new computer,click File Open or Restore Company Restore a backup copy Next Local Backup Next.
- You have to select the destination path to save the backup file from the Look In drop-down menu.
- Once you name the backup file as Company Name .qbb in the appropriate field, click Open Next.
- Now, select a location to save the restored file from the Save In drop-down menu.
- Enter the file name in the File Name field. Click Save.