How to Transfer Quickbooks to a New Computer
You can transfer QuickBooks in two ways, using the migrator tool and manually installing QuickBooks to a new computer.
METHOD 1 – Using Migrator Tool
- After opening the main interface of the QuickBooks software on an old computer, move the cursor to the File tab and then click it.
- Click Utilities followed by the Move QuickBooks to another computer button.
- Select the I’m Ready button.
- After creating a one-time password, select the USB drive that you want to use for transferring QuickBooks from the old computer to the new computer.
- Wait for some time to copy all the files.
- First, insert the USB flash drive on the new computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the QuickBooks software on a new computer by double-clicking the Move_QuickBooks.bat file.
- Type the one-time password that you have created on your old computer.
- Click the Let’s Go button.
- Wait until the migration process is over.
- The time taken to finish the migration process of QuickBooks depends on the internet speed of the new computer.
METHOD 2 – Installing Quickbooks Manually
- Visit the manufacturer site.
- After specifying the country, product, and version, click the Download button to download the QuickBooks software on the new computer.
- After installing the QuickBooks software on the new computer,click File Open or Restore Company Restore a backup copy Next Local Backup Next.
- You have to select the destination path to save the backup file from the Look In drop-down menu.
- Once you name the backup file as Company Name .qbb in the appropriate field, click Open Next.
- Now, select a location to save the restored file from the Save In drop-down menu.
- Enter the file name in the File Name field. Click Save.
To know more on how to Transfer Quickbooks to new computer, feel free to contact our experts. We are providing a Simple Installation Help Guidelines for Hardware & Software Devices such as Smart Phones, Desktops, Routers, Printers, Antivirus, etc from Our Tech Experts. To know more about our services, please take a look on www.installation-help.com