How to Uninstall Apps on Mac
The uninstallation process on Mac is much simpler than on a Windows computer. You can easily uninstall an application installed on your Mac device. Proceed with the steps given below to uninstall an application in Mac.
Manual uninstallation Method:
- Close the running application of the program you want to remove.
- Locate the Finder icon in the dock and open it.
- Search for Applications in the finder bar.
- In the Applications folder, select the application you want to uninstall.
- Right-click on the app icon, and select the Move to Trash option from the list.
- You can also drag the application icon you want to remove to the Trash folder present in the dock.
- If the application is inside a folder, you can search for an Uninstaller tool in it. Double-click on the uninstaller and continue to uninstall the application by following the instructions in the wizard.
- Empty the bin to delete the files completely. Right-click on the Bin icon and select the Empty Trash option.
Uninstalling using the Launchpad application:
- Using Launchpad, you can remove the applications you have installed from the Mac App Store.
- Open the Launchpad application and select the application that you want to remove.
- Click on the Exit ‘X’ icon to select Delete when prompted for confirmation.
- The application will be successfully uninstalled on your Mac device.