How to Update macOS 10.13 to 10.14?
The 10.13 version of the macOS High Sierra was the fourteenth release, and the macOS Mojave version 10.14 is the fifteenth release. It is recommended to update your operating system to the latest version for faster performance.Carry out the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below to Update macOS 10.13 to 10.14.
Step 1: Initial Preparations and compatibility check
- Check whether you have an active internet connection before you start updating the system.
- Check the compatibility of your Mac device. The Mac device should be capable of 2 GB memory and 18.5 storage space for updating to the 10.14 version.
- Always back up your device before upgrading the operating system to prevent loss of data.
- To avoid turning off the device due to low battery, plug in the power cord to the device, and adaptor to an electrical unit.
- You can start to Update macOS 10.13 to 10.14 in the evening time to complete the updating process by morning.
Step 2: Downloading update
- Select the About This Mac option from the Apple menu and click the Software Update button to check for any updates on the current macOS High Sierra version.
- Go back to the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option from the list.
- Select Software Update to check for any updates available on your Mac device.
- If an update is shown for your version, click Download and install it.
- Install the macOS Mojave’s latest version when the update is shown.
- After the update is complete; the Mac device reboots itself to complete the installation.
- Once the Mac operating system is updated to the Mojave version; you will get all the features of the operating system.
- You can also install the update from the App Store. Launch the App Store application and click the Search icon.
- Enter Mojave in the search box and open macOS Mojave. Click the Download button in the macOS Mojave window.
- Wait for the download process to complete, it may take some hours depending on your internet connection.
Step 3: Installing macOS Mojave
- Once the download is finished, the “Install macOS Mojave” window displays on the screen. Click Continue.
- Read the terms of the software license agreement and select Agree.
- Choose the Macintosh HD internal hard drive. Then, click Install.
- Enter the admin password when prompted.
- Your device will start a reboot to complete the installation process.
- When the Mac device restarts, enter the password of your system to log in to your device.
- In the Choose your look window, choose either the Light or Dark mode. Then, click Continue.
- Dark mode is recommended for better battery performance and to reduce eye strain.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the Mojave update (Update macOS 10.13 to 10.14) on your Mac device.