- Streaming Device Guide
How to Use Streaming Devices?
Quick Steps for Streaming Devices:
- Attach the power connector to the media player; connect the power adapter to the wall socket.
- Your streaming player and the TV should be connected by an HDMI cable for AV transmission and reception.
- Upon turning on the device and the TV, a guided setup screen appears.
- Pick a language on the setup screen.
- If you intend to connect your streaming device over a wired network connection, make use of the Ethernet port on the player.
- Or connect the device over a local Wi-Fi network.
- Create an account on the device and register it.
- The streaming player is now ready to use.
How to Use Streaming Devices on Windows?
- Connect both the PC and your HDTV over the same wireless network.
- Navigate to “Control Panel—>Network and Sharing Center—>Media Streaming” options.
- Find your network-connected TV.
- Or right-click on the video you want to stream.
- Choose Cast to Device and select your TV connected to the local network from the list displayed.
How to Use Streaming Devices on Laptop?
- Visit the Google Chrome browser on your laptop.
- Find the Devices option within the app.
- Tap the Set up a new device option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Yes if the code on both the laptop and the TV are the same.
- Set a name for your Chromecast device and configure the preferred settings.
- Connect your “Chromecast” to the local Wi-Fi network.
- Begin using the device once logging into the Google account.
How to Use Streaming Devices on Mac?
- Install the streaming device manufacturer’s Chrome extension. (Eg: Roku has Rokucast)
- Link your Mac computer and streaming device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the extension and then click the small gear icon at the bottom.
- Input the IP address of the streaming device in the space provided.
- Pick and run a video on your Chrome browser.
- Hit the Cast option within the Menu.
How to Use Streaming Devices in iPhone?
- Establish a wireless connection with the iPhone.
- Browse the channels of the device and pick your favorite channel.
- Select the streaming device from the list displayed and hit the Cast button in the menu.
- Install the corresponding manufacturer’s mobile app on your iPhone.
- Click open the app and choose the Photos +option.
- Choose any media you want to cast to the TV.
How to Use Streaming Device on Android
- Tuck your Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Access your Google account on the mobile phone.
- Tap Add—>Set up devices—>Set up new devices.
- Grant the app permission to access your location information.
- Click Next on the setup screen.
- Confirm the code appearing on the app.
- Select a Wi-Fi network for your Chromecast.
- Tap the Cast icon when you want to stream the video on your TV.
How to use Streaming Device without wifi
Streaming devices cannot be used to watch programs from online streaming services. Instead, they can play movies, videos, and music stored on the local storage of the device. Also, mirroring is an option of letting you display your mobile device’s screen on the TV.
Quick Steps for Streaming Devices without Wifi
- Some streaming devices have a USB port to which you can connect the local storage device.
- Long press the Home button on your streaming device remote.
- Select the Mirroring option.
- On the streaming device menu, “go to Settings—>Display & Sounds—> Enable Display Mirroring” from the Fire TV menu.
- Go to Settings on your mobile device.
- Tap Wireless Networks—>Share and Connect. Turn on the Casting option.
- Your device is mirroring to the streaming device.
We Have Provided Detailed Guidance on How to Use Streaming Devices on Various Platforms like, Windows & Mac. If You are in Need of Instant Streaming Devices Guidance, Contact Our Experts.