- External Usb Optical Drive Driver
Fixed: HP External USB Optical Drive Driver Error
Most of the modern laptops don’t have the CD/DVD drive built-in. If you want to access the data on a CD/DVD on such laptops, then the only option you have is to use an external USB optical drive. Most of the USB optical drives come with the driver required to use the drive on any device. However, you can also install the driver from the official site of the drive manufacturer or the built-in driver on your operating system.Now, let’s deal with the issues faced while accessing the external USB optical drive. Mostly, the issues are triggered due to outdated or incorrectly installed drivers. So, if you are looking for the solutions for the HP external USB optical drive driver error, then the troubleshooting steps given on this page will help you sort it out.
Step 1: Verify the drive name in Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager and double-click on DVD/CD-ROM drives to see the list.
- If the drive is found, right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- When the confirmation window appears, select OK or Yes.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Action menu.
- Select the Scan for hardware changes option. Now, wait for Windows to detect and install the CD/DVD drive.
- Reboot your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
- Open the Control Panel window and type Troubleshooting in the search section. Hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound window and select Video Playback.
- Run the troubleshooter by following the instructions on the screen.
Step 2: Reset the computer power
- Now, press the Power button and hold it for at least 5 seconds to turn off the computer.
- Wait until the computer turns off, and then unplug the power cord from the computer.
- Wait for about 10 seconds and reconnect the power cord to the computer.
- Turn on the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
- Once the computer is restarted, the driver for the optical drive will be installed again.
Step 3: Reconnect the optical drive
- Remove the USB cable from the computer.
- Again, connect the optical drive to the computer using the USB cable.
- Still, if you see the HP external USB optical drive driver error, then download the driver from the official HP site and install it.