HP External Usb Optical Drive f2b56aa Setup
Almost all the basic laptop or desktop models come with a DVD/CD drive built-in. But, some don’t, and some laptop model doesn’t support the disc burning feature. Now, if your desktop or laptop’s CD/DVD drive doesn’t support the disc burning feature, then you can use an external optical drive.
The HP external USB optical drive is a portable drive that can be connected to your desktop or laptop using a USB cable. Some advantageous features of this drive are high-speed data transfer, slim, immediate read/write access, and easy backup. Also, no additional AC adapter is required for this drive. It is supported on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, and Mac OS X. An external USB DVDRW Drive is included along with this drive. The other components available in this optical drive package are listed below:
- HP External USB Optical Drive F2B56AA drive.
- CD-ROM Software.
Setting up this optical drive is simple and easy to perform. To know in detail, carry out the following instructions.
- First, sign in to your Windows computer as an administrator (for Windows user).
- Now, unpack the optical drive box. Check whether the above-mentioned components are present inside the box. If not, contact your drive dealer or manufacturer.
- Get the USB cable provided with the drive.
- Connect the HP external USB optical drive to your Windows or Mac using the USB cable.
- As soon as you do it, your operating system will try to detect the newly connected external drive.
- Once the drive has been detected, the driver related to it will be automatically detected and installed by the operating system.
- If your OS fails to detect and install the driver’s driver, then on your computer’s CD/DVD drive, insert the setup CD of the drive and follow the on-screen instructions to perform the software installation.
- Once the drive’s software has been installed successfully, you can start using the HP external USB optical drive on your computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the HP External USB optical drive F2B56AA on your computer.
If you need remote assistance in performing the same, you can contact us.