- Laptop Keyboard
HP Laptop Keyboard Guidance
HP laptop keyboard are qualified and long-lasting. When they go defective, you can find replacement keyboards with a ribbon cable. These keyboards can be fit into the laptop without soldering. Choose the keyboard of the right dimensions and compatibility with your laptop model.
How to Turn On Keyboard Backlight on HP Laptop?
For those who tend to use laptops at dark places and times, HP has designed laptop keyboards that lit themselves upon pressing a key. Usually, the key is F5. It turns the light off and on.
- Make sure you have a keyboard with in-built backlight before looking for the backlight key.
- Set the backlight timeout settings as per your preference.
- Press the backlight key twice or thrice to change the brightness of the backlight.
- It might be mandatory to press the Fn button along with the Backlight key to activate it.
About : HP Laptop Silicone Keyboard Cover
HP laptop keyboard cover is designed to fit the entire keyboard. This way the keyboard is protected from dirt, food crumbs, and hair. It is usually washable and is made of silicone. Find the keyboard cover suitable for your laptop keyboard’s spacing and arrangement.
About : HP Laptop Backlit Keyboard
For years, people who love to work in dark rooms have found it difficult to use the keyboards of their laptops. Their requests have been finally met, and HP has introduced several models of laptops with backlit keyboards. Upon enabling this feature, you don’t need to turn on the room light. Press either F5 or F12 and you are good to go ahead with your project work on the laptop.
How to Unlock Keyboard on HP Laptop?
- Key in Device Manager in the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
- Scroll down to the Keyboards option and right-click on your keyboard.
- Click Uninstall device and restart your computer once the process is done.
- Now, your HP Laptop Keyboard is unlocked.
HP Keyboard Replacement Guidance
Follow the simple step by step instructions to complete the process of replacing the hp laptop keyboard.
- Get hold of a head screwdriver and keep the laptop on a foam pad.
- Wear an anti-static wrist strap.
- Detach all the cables from the laptop and turn it off.
- Remove the battery from the laptop.
- Loosen the head screw that holds the service cover to the base.
- Remove the tabs on the service cover and lift it.
- Take away the CD/DVD drive from the base.
- Open the display panel and poke the hole to release the keyboard.
- Reach the keyboard ribbon cable by lifting the rear edge of the keyboard.
- After detaching the keyboard ribbon cable, remove the keyboard.
- Keep the new keyboard facing down so that you can reach the ribbon cable and the connector.
- Tuck the cable into the ZIF connector.
- Lock the cable in its position with the locking bar.
- Flip the keyboard and place its tabs into the top cover.
- Secure the keyboard by pressing it down.
- Close the display panel and tighten it with the screws.
- Place back the CD/DVD drive, service door, and the battery.
How to Turn On Keyboard Light on HP Laptop?
- Power on your HP laptop.
- Press F5 or F12 to switch on the keyboard backlight.
- Find the Fn key next to the Windows key.
- Or tap the Fn and space keys together.
- Locate the dedicated backlight key( three dots in a row icon).
- Hit this button to turn on the backlight.
How to Turn Off Keyboard Light on HP Laptop?
Keyboard light is not required at day times and bright rooms. Further backlit keyboards drain the laptop battery quickly. Hence, turn off the back light whenever not required.
- Head to System Preferences > Keyboard.
- Uncheck the Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light option.
How to Remove HP Laptop Keyboard?
- Power down the laptop and remove it from the power supply.
- Loosen the two screw cover strips and the screw cover plugs.
- Unscrew all the 12 screws from the bottom of the computer.
- Open the laptop and lift the keyboard cover near the hinge on the right and left sides.
- Pull the keyboard cover from the left bottom side near the touchpad.
- Detach the blue cable and take the keyboard cover away.
How do I Remove a HP Keyboard Keys?
- Get a replacement of HP Laptop Keyboard key and retainer.
- Keep a flathead screwdriver beneath the key next to the missing key.
- Pry the key cap from the keyboard base and lift it out of its socket.
- Use the retainer key for reference when replacing the missing key.
- Place the key retainer on the keyboard base.
- Now, press down the key on the key retainer until you hear a clicking sound.
How to Reset Keyboard Settings on HP Laptop?
- Go to Control Panel > Language.
- Pick your default language and move it to the top of the list.
- Take the original preferred language to the top of the list again.
- The keyboard is reset.
How to fix Laptop Keyboard Problems?
- Head to “Start > Control Panel > Device Manager”.
- Click Keyboard and “right-click” on your keyboard.
- Choose “Uninstall > OK”.
- Restart your laptop once the keyboard is uninstalled.
- Get to “Time & language” in the Settings icon.
- Select Region & Language > English (United States).
- “Download and install” the latest HP laptop driver.
- Power cycle the laptop.
- Now, the hp laptop keyboard troubleshooting process completed successfully.
HP Laptop Keyboard not Responding Windows 10?
- Install HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.
- Once installed, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- Hit Component Tests > Input Devices > Keyboard Test within the Diagnostics tool.
- Click Run Once.
- Search Keyboard in your Windows laptop.
- Open Ease of Access keyboard settings or Change how your keyboard works.
- Slide the Use Filter keys option to Off position.
- Reboot the laptop and head to Device Manager > View > Show Hidden devices.
- Tap the drop-down arrow next to Keyboards.
- Right-click your keyboard and uninstall it from the devices.
- Restart the laptop and check if the issue has been solved.
Solved: HP Keyboard some Keys not Working
- Switch off the computer and turn it on.
- While booting up, press Esc continuously to open the Startup Menu.
- Access the BIOS settings with F10 and load the default settings with F5.
- Press F10 again to save the changes.
- Now, the hp laptop keyboard keys not Working issue is completed successfully.