- INSTALL AND ACTIVATE XFINITY XFI GATEWAY
INSTALL AND ACTIVATE XFINITY XFI GATEWAY
Xfinity xFi Gateway is an all-in-one router that helps you to convert your wired internet connection to a Wi-Fi or wired connection. Also, it allows you to connect the devices to your home’s phone line.
Installing and activating Xfinity xFi Gateway using the Xfinity app is a simple and easy process to perform. If you haven’t installed and activated this gateway service, continue reading this page to know how to perform it.
Begin with installing the Xfinity Internet to an xFi Gateway. After installing it, activate the gateway service using the Xfinity app or the Xfinity Gateway’s activation page.
Installing the Xfinity Internet to an xFi Gateway
- Initially, activate your Xfinity Internet if it is deactivated.
- Next, connect your computer or phone to the Xfinity Gateway over a wireless or wired connection.
- Similarly, if you’re using your home network or own modem, first, connect it to the Xfinity gateway. Next, connect your computer or phone to the same gateway over a wireless or wired connection.
- Connect your modem or network device to the Xfinity gateway through a centrally located cable outlet.
- Next, using an Ethernet cable, connect your computer or TV to the gateway.
- Initially, note down the network credentials at the back of the Xfinity gateway.
- Next, connect your home network or modem and the Xfinity Gateway device.
After connecting the devices, visit the Xfinity xFi Gateway’s activation page and activate the service.
Activating the Xfinity xFi Gateway
You can use the Xfinity xFi Gateway’s Activate app or the Xfinity Gateway’s activate page to activate the gateway service.
Using the Activation page
- Visit the Xfinity Gateway’s activation page.
- Click the Let’s Get Started button.
- Now, follow the easy on-screen prompts to activate the Gateway service.
Using the Xfinity app
- Install the Xfinity app on your Android or iOS device if you haven’t installed it yet.
- On the main screen, tap Get Started. If prompted, sign in to your Xfinity account and choose your device.
- Finish the activation process by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
To know more about how to install and activate the Xfinity xFi Gateway service, click the Call button provided on this page.