How to Install Brother Printer Driver?
- Load the input paper tray with white and plain paper.
- Power up the printer by plugging its power cord into the wall socket.
- Now, fire up the printer and view the text displayed.
- Change the printer settings using the Up and Down arrow buttons.
- Peel off the cover from the ink bottles and put back their caps.
- Open the ink tanks and fill them with the corresponding colored ink.
- The printer displays instructions for the setup. Respond accordingly.
- Hit Start and see if the printing quality meets the required standards.
- Use the installation CD or download the driver and run it on your computer for the setup.
- The installer window prompts you to connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable.
- Complete the installation process by hitting Finish.
- Click open a document in your computer and proceed to print.
- The process of Install Brother Printer Driver has been completed successfully.
Brother Printer Driver Installation Guidance
- Connect your Brother printer to your computer with a USB cable.
- Choose the driver suitable for your printer model below.
Choose Linux (deb) for Debian, Ubuntu, or their derivatives.
Choose Linux (rpm) for Fedora, CentOS or RHEL.
- Tap the Driver Download button and wait for the file to download.
- Now, the Install Brother Printer Driver process has been started, before proceeding to run the installer file, install the following package on your 64-bit Linux computer.
- On older versions of Linux, install the following package,
$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
- Install the following package on newer versions of Linux,
$ sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
- If you’re using a Red Hat based Linux, you can install this package,
$ sudo yum install glibc.i686
- Access the driver file and extract it with the following command
$ gunzip linux-brprinter-installer-2.0.0-1.gz
- Run the driver installer file as follows
$ sudo sh ./linux-brprinter-installer-2.0.0-1
- Type your printer model number in the command.
- Once the drivers are installed, go ahead with the printer configuration.
- Check if the CUPS daemon is running successfully with the following command.
$ sudo netstat -nap | grep 631.
- Visit http://localhost:631
- Head to Administration > Manage Printers > Your printer name.
- Choose Set As Server Default option from the dropdown menu titled Administration.
- Enter your Linux login details upon authentication request.
- Open a document and print it.
How to Install Brother Driver on Windows 8?
Simple Steps for Driver Installation:
- Get to know the wireless network information such as the network’ s name and its password.
- You can find the above information in the base of the wireless router.
- Attach the printer’s power cord to the electric wall supply.
- Power on your computer and install brother printer driver for Windows 8.
- Head to “Network Settings” within the driver application.
- Choose “Brother Peer-To-Peer Network” in the configuration option.
- Couple the printer and the computer with a “USB cable”.
- Follow the prompts requesting changes in the Firewall Settings.
- Select Wireless Setup in the printer settings to operate the printer wirelessly.
- “Test” the setup by printing a document.
How to Install Brother Driver on Windows 7?
- Make sure you have downloaded the driver before you begin to “install Brother printer driver on Windows 7”.
- Right-click the file and extract it to the same location.
- Connect your computer and printer with a USB cable.
- Make sure the connection is direct and then turn on your printer.
- Click Start > Devices and Printers > Add a printer > Add a Local Printer.
- Select a USB port and tap Next.
- Choose Have Disk > Browse and give the location to which you have extracted the file.
- Open it and click OK. Pick your model from the list displayed.
- Choose your printer as the default printer and hit Printer Sharing.
- Print a test page to see if the machine is set up properly.
How to Install Brother Driver on Windows 10?
- Download the Brother Printer Driver for Windows 10 from this website.
- Install Brother Printer Driver on Windows 10 Process starts with the Decompress the zip file and extract it to the same location and save it.
- Use a USB cable to connect the computer and printer.
- Navigate to Start > Devices and Printers > Add a printer > Add a Local Printer on your computer.
- Choose a USB port by its name and tap Next.
- Select Have Disk > Browse and input the location to which the extracted file is saved.
- Click OK once the file is opened. From the list displayed, choose your printer model.
- Tap Printer Sharing once your printer is set as the default one.
- Configure the printer settings and proceed to print.
How to Install Brother Driver on Chromebook?
- Install the Brother printer app iPrint & Scan on your mobile.
- Find the IP address of your printer from the Machine status option.
- Enter the IP address in your computer’s browser address bar.
- Click Google Cloud Print and hit Register.
- Tap OK on the printer when it prompts you to continue the registration process.
- You’ll be directed to the Google Cloud Print page on your computer when you do as directed.
- Refresh the page and find your printer enlisted within Printers.
- Se up the accessories on the printer and configure its settings.
- Get ready to print now with the Chrome book.