How to Install Canon Printer on Mac?
The common method of installing the canon printer on your Mac computer is quite easy. Connect the printer to your computer and turn the printer on. The Mac computer automatically installs the printer for you. The printer can be installed with or without CD. We have explained in detail both the methods of install canon printer on Mac.
Quick Steps for Canon Printer Installation
- The driver file compatible with your Mac OS computer can be downloaded from the Internet.
- Head to the Downloads section of the computer and open the driver.
- The folder is found by the name “Canon_PS_Installer.pkg”.
- “Click” the Installer and agree to the terms and conditions of the software manufacturer.
- To “complete” the installation process, enter the login credentials of the MAC.
- Close the installer when the process is done. Hit Printers & Scanners > Add a Printer.
- Right-click anywhere on the window and select Customize Toolbar.
- Hold and “drag” the Advanced icon to the toolbar space and hit Done.
- “Click” the Advanced tab and hold on for the Searching for printers message to disappear.
- “Input” the required details in the fields displayed.
- “Click” the drop-down menu of the Choose a Driver option and pick Select Software.
- In the Printer Software window, search for the “installed driver”.
- Upon selecting it, hit Add and wait for the printer-computer configuration.
- The printer and Mac computer are connected now.
Steps: Canon Printer Installation on Mac without CD
- Make sure that your printer’s model is compatible with Mac.
- Place the printer close to your computer.
- If your Mac computer has a small USB-C port instead of the traditional USB port, get a USB-to-USB-C adapter from Apple.
- Attach the printer’s USB cable into your computer.
- The other end of the USB cable should be tucked into the printer.
- If you’re using an adapter, plug the adapter into the USB-C port first, then the cable into the adapter. Tap the Power button to start the printer.
- Upon connecting, the Mac computer automatically detects your printer and prompt you for the update.
- Go through the installation steps and follow them.
- Now, how to install canon printer on Mac process is over, the printer is ready for use.