- Outlook Crashes
Outlook Crashes Deleting 3 OR more Emails from POP Account
Outlook is one of the most popular email clients using which you can manage multiple email accounts on a single platform. A POP account configured in the Outlook app will download only the headers of the emails from the email server. Recently, most of the Outlook users have experienced the POP accounts crash problem after the Outlook update. Microsoft has been investigating this issue from the date when Outlook users had uploaded the difficulties. We have found a quick solution to fix that Outlook crashes deleting 3 or more emails from POP account problem. You can roll over to the previous version of your Outlook app to fix this issue. To do so, proceed with the below-mentioned steps.
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Alternatively, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type ‘run’ in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- From the search result, give a double-click on the Run app to launch the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box is launched, type ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.12827.20470’ and click the OK button.
- This will revert Office to the prior working version.
- If you wish to review the prior versions of Office before reverting it due to the account crashing problem, visit the Update History page.
- If the problem persists, remove and re-add your POP account to the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Before removing the accounts, it is suggested to create a backup and save the important files to an external storage drive.
- Once you have removed your account, re-add your account with proper account details.
- If you have difficulties in fixing the Outlook crashes deleting 3 or more emails from POP account problems, click the Call button available on the page to contact our technical support team for remote assistance.