- Set Up Playstation VR [PS VR]
Steps: PlayStation VR Setup
To perform the PlayStation VR setup, proceed with the step-by-step instructions mentioned on this web page.
Step 1 – Essential contents
- Check if the following contents are included in the box.
- HDMI cable
- USB cable
- AC adaptor
- AC power cord
- VR headset connection cable
- VR headset
- Stereo headphones
- Processor unit
- Printed material
Step 2 – Connecting PS VR and TV
- Make sure both your PS4 device and your TV are switched off.
- Take an HDMI cable and establish a connection between the PS VR processor unit and the TV.
- If the PS4 is already connected to the TV, unplug the HDMI cable and connect it to the input port of the PS VR processor unit.
Step 3 – PS4 and camera
Establish a connection between the PS4 and your PS camera.
Step 4 – HDMI and USB cable connection
- Take another HDMI cable and connect it between the rear side of the PS4 and the processor unit and the HDMI port of the TV.
- You have to connect one end of the USB cable at the rear side of the processor unit.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into the front panel of the PS4 device.
Step 5 – Power connection
- Now, plug the AC power cord into the adapter cable.
- Connect the adapter to an electrical outlet.
Step 6 – VR headset
- Take the VR connection cable and then connect it to the processor unit.
- Plug the VR headset into the VR connection cable.
Step 7 – Power up the device
- Turn on your TV and PS4.
- On the headset connection cable, the inline remote will be present.
- Press the Power button on the remote.
Step 8 – VR device software update
- If the connection has been set up correctly, the LEDs on the VR headset stays lit in blue.
- At the same time, you will see a prompt message on the TV to update the VR device software.
- Select the Next option followed by the Update option.
- This will update the PlayStation VR device software.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to configure the camera and headset.
- The PlayStation VR setup process successfully completed.