- QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6000 83
QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6000 83
The Quickbooks error code 6000, 83 falls right under the 6000 series errors. When you encounter such an error, it can often cause damage to the file and the system at the same time. You will read the error code 6000, 83 in the following way. “An error occurred when QuickBooks tries to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, 83).”
What could be the reason behind this particular Quickbooks error?
- Some QuickBooks files are missing
- There are no proper permissions for QBDataServiceUserXX
- Interruption by a firewall or an antivirus software
- There could be a damaged file
- Hosting is open in more than one system
If you are facing the Quickbooks error 6000, 83 while creating a backup of the company file, here are the instructions to fix it.
- Close the Quickbooks application running on your computer.
- On your desktop screen, select the This PC icon.
- Open the C: drive.
- On an empty space, perform a right-click and select New > Folder.
- Name the file as QB Test Folder.
CREATE AUTOMATIC BACKUP
It’s time to create an automatic backup of the company file.
- Open Quickbooks.
- Click File and select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Click File again and select Back up Company > Create Local Backup.
- Select Local Backup and follow the commands on the screen.
- Click Browse and select QB Test Folder as the location to save the file.
RESTORE THE BACKUP
- With the Quickbooks application open, click File.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a backup copy and click the Next button.
- Select Local Backup and click Next.
- Browse your computer and locate the QB Test Folder.
- Select the file and click Open.
Now, you will be free from the Quickbooks error 6000, 83 in your Quickbooks application.