- QuickBooks error code 15102
FIXED: QuickBooks error code 15102
Error codes are very common and can occur without any prior intimation. In QuickBooks, you may encounter the error code 15102 while downloading a payroll or updating the QuickBooks desktop application. This article can help you in fixing the QuickBooks error code 15102.
When there is an issue, it is recommended to check the fundamentals in the first place. If you run Quickbooks Desktop in multi-user mode, you may end up with the error 15102. In that case, you need to switch to the single-user mode. If you cannot fix the issue, proceed with the following troubleshooting techniques.
Check File Location
At times, when you specify an inaccessible or invalid location for downloading the payroll, you may encounter the 15102 error code. Follow the instructions below and check whether you have specified a valid location.
- Open the product information window by pressing the CTRL and 1 keys simultaneously.
- Locate the mapped path and note it down. Then, click on Help followed by Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Options tab and make sure that the information you have specified in the Download location is correct.
- If shared Download is set to Yes, check whether the drive specified in the download location matches the drive in the product information window.
- In case Shared Download is set to No, check whether the directory in the Download location matches the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
Related Article: Quick Guide To Fix Error 1402 In Quickbooks.
Remap New Letter To Drive
- Remapping a new letter to your drive can help you fix the error code. To do so, close the file you are currently using and remap a new letter to your network drive.
- Now, using the new mapped drive letter, open the same file. Then, click on Help and choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- Go to the Options tab, disable Shared Download and then turn it on. Also, make sure that the location you have specified to download the file is using the new mapped drive letter.
- Finally, click Save followed by Close.
Run As Administrator
- If you run QuickBooks without administrator rights, you may end up with the error code.
- In that case, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- When the User Account Control screen shows up, click on Continue.
- Now check whether the issue is resolved.
If you cannot fix QuickBooks error code 15102 issue yet, you can reach out to us.