- Quickbooks Error H202
Quickbooks Error Code H202
If you see the Error code H202 in QuickBooks, it indicates that something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server. Carry out the following solutions to resolve the error code.
- If you are using your own hosting network, check if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server is installed. If not, install it using the Full Program or Server Only option. Start from Solution 1 to resolve the error code.
- If you are using another hosting solution, contact the respective provider to restart your environment.
Solution 1 – Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Exit the QuickBooks software.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the manufacturer’s website.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and carry out the on-screen instructions to install it.
- On your Windows desktop, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Click the Network Issues option and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If your company file folder appears on the screen, click the Start Scan button.
- Or else, click Browse to search your company file. Select your company file and click Start Scan.
- Now, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager starts to repair your firewall permissions automatically.
- Once done, click the Close button.
- Launch QuickBooks, click File, and select the Switch to Multi-user Mode option.
- If you can switch to multi-user mode without the Error code H202 in QuickBooks, the problem is fixed.
- Still, if the error code appears, continue with the following solutions.
Solution 2 – Check the QuickBooks services on your server
- Type Run in the Windows search bar and press the Enter key.
- Select the Run option.
- Enter the services.msc command in the Run window.
- Search for the QuickBooks DBXX service and double-click it.
- Note: XX denotes the version of QuickBooks you use.
- In the General tab, click the Startup type drop-down menu and choose Automatic.
- Navigate to the Service Status section and check if you can see the Running or Started message.
- If not, click the Start button to start the QuickBooks service.
- Click the Recovery tab and choose the Restart the Service option from the First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures drop-down menus.
- To save the settings, click the Apply button followed by the OK button.
- Perform the same steps again for the QBCFMonitorService service.
- Check if the Error code H202 in QuickBooks has been resolved. If not, perform the next solution.
Solution 3 – Set Windows access permissions to share company file
- Launch File Explorer on your computer.
- Right-click the folder that contains your company file.
- Select the Properties option followed by the Sharing option.
- Click the Share Add option.
- Select your QuickBooks service, set the permission level to Full Control, and click the Share button.
- If the QuickBooks error code H202 is not resolved, carry out the next solution.
Solution 4 – Configure firewall settings
- In the Windows search box, enter Windows Firewall and select the same.
- Click the Advanced settings tab in the left panel.
- Create Inbound rules and Outbound rules.
- Now, check if the QuickBooks error code H202 has been resolved. If the error persists, continue further.
Solution 5 – Ping your server from a workstation
- Enter Network in the Windows search box and select the Network and Sharing Center option.
- Click the Change advanced sharing settings option.
- Select the Turn on network discovery option under both the Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing sections.
- Enter cmd in the Run dialog box.
- In the Command window, enter the ipconfig /all command line.
- Navigate to the Host Name and make a note of your hostname.
- Enter ping_M and check if you get any replies.
- Note: Replace the letter M with your hostname.
- If you do not get any replies, proceed with Solution 6 to resolve the QuickBooks error code H202.
Solution 6 – Include your server in your Windows hosts file
- Access the Start menu and select the Computer option.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc and double-click your host file.
- Click the Notepad option.
- Type your computer’s IP address followed by your computer name.
- Save the host file and check if the QuickBooks error code H202 has been resolved.
If the error code h202 still persists, feel free to contact our technical support experts at Installation-help team.
We are providing a Simple Installation Help Guidelines for Hardware & Software Devices such as Smart Phones, Desktops, Routers, Printers, Antivirus, etc from Our Tech Experts. To know more about our services, please go to www.installation-help.com