- FIX QUICKBOOKS ERROR H505
FIX QUICKBOOKS ERROR H505
When it comes to trustworthy accounting software, QuickBooks is considered to be one of the best. Not only is the software cheap, but it also has a wide range of features. The QuickBooks server is a great tool for small and medium-sized businesses. Though there are times when QuickBooks goes through an error, the problem can be easily resolved. One such error you are going to read about is the QuickBooks error H505. The error code can be seen when you try to switch to a multiple-user mode. This results in blocking multiple user connections on the server.
When you encounter the QuickBooks H505 problem, you will read a message saying, “QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
The reasons behind the QuickBooks error H505
- The hosting configuration is incorrect
- Incorrect DNS Settings
- The QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF service is not working
Symptoms of the QuickBooks error H505
- An active program crashed
- System often crashes while running QuickBooks
- System freezes
Here are some methods to solve the QuickBooks error H505.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks application on your computer.
- Click the Help button.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Choose the Options tab.
- Click the checkbox for the Yes option.
- Select Update Now and then click Get Updates.
Method 2: Use the QB Diagnostic Tool
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Search and download the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- Perform a double-click on the .exe file (this will start the installation).
- Click the Proceed button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and start the repair.
You will be resolved from the QuickBooks error H505.
Method 3: Create A New Company File Folder
- Open the company file folder on the system that is hosting the company file.
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Copy and paste the new folder into the company file folder.
- Perform a right-click on the folder and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Share tab and then select Advanced Sharing.
- In the Advanced Sharing window, click the checkbox for Share this folder.
- Click the Permissions button.
- Click the Allow checkbox for Full Control.
- Select the Apply button.
- Click OK.
With one of the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this article, you will find a way to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error H505. For more assistance, click the CALL button. Our team of dedicated experts will resolve the issue right away.