- Quickbooks Stopped Working Windows
Fixed: Quickbooks Stopped Working Windows 10
Being an accounting software, QuickBooks should work well anytime on your computer. However, a few users have reported that QuickBooks has stopped working on their Windows 10 computers. This might have occurred after the Windows update. To troubleshoot this problem, go through the solutions given below.
Features Of Quickbooks
Some useful features offered by QuickBooks are listed below:
- Tax filing
- Bank account tracking
- Expense management
- Manage and pay bills
- Budgeting and more.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close the QuickBooks app that is stopped working on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the default browser and go to the official QuickBooks site.
- Search for the QuickBooks Tool Hub and download it on your computer.
- After completing the download, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and carry out the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure you agree to the terms and conditions during the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, double-click the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon on the desktop.
- Alternatively, you can open the QuickBooks Tools Hub from the Start menu.
- Click on Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tool Hub window.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option and launch QuickBooks Desktop to open your data file.
Now the problem should be fixed. If your QuickBooks stopped working again on your Windows 10 computer, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Click the Start menu and type ‘Quickbooks’ in the search field.
- Click to open QuickBooks Tool Hub from the search result.
- Select Program Problems in the Tool Hub.
- Click on QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool to run the test. It can take 20 minutes approximately. So relax and wait until the test is completed.
- After completing the diagnostic test, restart your PC and relaunch QuickBooks.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to File Explorer.
- Next, go to the folder where you have saved the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Give a right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and select the Rename option.
- Add .old to the end of the file name. The resulting name will be QBWUSER.ini.old.
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Relaunch QuickBooks that has stopped working on your Windows 10 computer.
Check if the problem is fixed. If the problem remains unsolved, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.
Related Article: Quick Guide On How To Install Quickbooks On Windows 10.