- Iolo System Mechanic
Reconciling An Account In Quicken Software For Windows
Quicken manages your daily expenses and bills. Reconciling helps you to check the data by comparing the activities you have entered. Follow the steps given below to reconcile your account in Quicken.
Auto Reconcile Quicken software for windows
- Open the Quicken account you want to reconcile.
- Go to Tools, click the Account Actions gear icon, and select Reconcile.
- Check the Always use Online Balance for this account box and Auto reconcile downloaded transactions box. Click OK.
- Click the Continue to Reconcile option. Quicken automatically reconciles your transactions.
- If you have selected Reconcile to online balance, locate Tools, and select Account List. Then, click Edit next to the account you want to reconcile.
- When the account details window is displayed, locate the Online Services tab and Uncheck Reconcile using the online balance box. Then click OK.
- Your data will be auto-reconciled.
Reconcile Quicken software for windows
- Make sure to backup your Quicken file before reconciling your account.
- Go to the File menu and select Backup to disk from the options.
- Choose your preferred location to save the backup file. Then, click Save.
- Now, select your account to reconcile from the left panel.
- Update all the transactions that you have made since the time of your opening balance transaction.
- Go to the Accounts tab and select Reconcile Account.
- Follow the instructions and enter the statement details of your account. You will have to update your starting and ending balances with dates.
- Then, click the Start Reconciling tab.
- If you have paid any amount, you can select the transaction, and when the window prompts with the ‘What would you like to do with this scheduled transactions’ message, select Mark as paid. Click OK.