How to Reset Streaming Device?
A simple reset can sometimes fix any issues in the streaming device. You can re-configure the settings again to enjoy watching programs. Following Guidelines Provide the Solution for How to Reset Streaming Device.
Quick Steps for Reset Streaming Devices
- Head to the Settings—->Advanced System Settings.
- Select Factory rest. Use the remote to enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
- Some devices don’t have a Reset button.
- Others come with a dedicated Reset button on them.
- Make use of a paper clip or a pin to reset old devices.
- Long press the Reset button on the device until the screen goes dark and the logo appears on the screen.
- The default settings are set. You can now change the settings and use the device.
Streaming Device Setup Reset Guidance
Soft reset requires accessing the settings and menu of the device.
- Go to Settings—>Advanced System Settings—>Factory Reset.
- Click OK and the device is reset.
Hard reset is to be done when the soft reset isn’t enough to solve the device issue.
- Find the Reset button on the device.
- Hold it down for about 20-25 seconds.
- Wait for the device logo to appear on the screen.
- The device is now reset.
- Register the device with your account.
Reset Device with Wifi?
- Click open the streaming device application on your TV.
- Locate the Network option within the Settings menu.
- Click Forget next to the existing network.
- Now, a list of the available networks is displayed.
- Select your home Wi-Fi network and input the password.
- The device is connected to the new network.
Reset Devices without Wifi?
- Push the Reset button on the device for about 25 seconds.
- Release it once the LED blinks rapidly.
- This procedure can delete all data and your account information from the device.
How to Reset Streaming Devices Audio?
- Connect the streaming device Audio to the speaker with an audio cable.
- Power on the device now.
- Keep the button on the device in hold until the LED changes color.
- Upon releasing the button, the device audio is reset.
How to Reset Streaming Device Password?
- Access the device account on the computer browser or directly on your smart TV.
- Input the login credentials and sign into your account.
- Hit the Update button under the Account Information option.
- Save the changes.
How to Reset Streaming TV?
Certain streaming devices include TVs (e.g., Roku).Follow different procedure given below to reset streaming TV.
- Locate the Reset button on the TV.
- Keep the Reset button in On position for about 20 seconds.
- Leave the button free when the power indicator light starts blinking rapidly.
For the streaming TVs that don’t have a Reset button, follow the below procedure.
- Push the Mute and Power buttons on the TV simultaneously.
- Pull out the power cord and release the buttons when the TV’s startup screen appears.
- Re-register your device and configure the settings.
Why Do I Reset Streaming Device Every Day
If your streaming device freezes often, it is necessary to reset the device. Otherwise, it is enough that the power plug is pulled out of the socket to turn off the device. Resetting some streaming devices don’t have any effects on the settings, content, account information. However, your personal preferences are likely to be erased with a soft reset.
Where is the Reset Button on Streaming Device?
Not many streaming devices have a physical Reset button. They can be reset via the System menu or the remote control.
Some old models of streaming devices have a Reset button hole. They can be pressed with a ball-point pen or pin to reset. Few remote controls come with a Reset button.
How to fix Streaming Device resetting not working Issue?
If the soft reset failed to fix the issue in the streaming device, move onto the hard reset process. Be warned that all your data on the streaming device will be lost with a hard reset. The device settings are set to their default values.
- Find the Factory Reset option within Settings.
- Click OK and the device restarts.
- Old models of streaming devices come with a Reset button.
- Take a paper clip to press and hold the button for about 20 seconds.
- Unplug the Power cord while still holding down the Reset button.
- Release the button and make all the cable connections.
- After fixing the issue, try to reset the Streaming Device as described above.