How To Set Up a Budget In Quicken 2016
The Quicken software lets you calculate your monthly income and expense. You can create your budget for a maximum of 12 months.
To know how to set up a budget in the Quicken 2016 software on your Mac system, read & proceed with the guided instructions given below.
- Launch the Quicken 2016 application on your Mac system.
- Click the Budget tab available at the left-hand side of the screen.
- If you are creating a budget for the first time, then an introduction screen will appear.
- Click the Start Budgeting button to begin the process.
- Locate and click the Edit Budget option.
- Type your budget name in the Budget Name text filed.
- Similarly, edit the starting and ending budget schedule based on your desire.
- To edit the values, navigate to the specific tab and enter the data in the given fields.
- To move forward, use the Tab key and to move backward use the Shift + Tab buttons.
- To adjust the budget categories, click the Select Categories button.
Reconcile Quicken software for windows
- Now, the Select Categories to Budget dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Choose the categories you wish to add from the displayed list.
- You can also filter the budget by Income and Expense category.
- After setting the budget preferences as per your need, click the OK button.
- Now, the added category will be displayed below the specific section.
- Edit the value of each budget category if required.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you can find the cumulative net value of your budget that covers the start of the budget calculation to the current month.
- After setting the budget, click the OK button.