- SIMPLISAFE CAMERA NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
SIMPLISAFE CAMERA NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
Wi-Fi connectivity option has completely transformed the way we operate our devices. Meanwhile, when we end up in trouble while connecting to a Wi-Fi network, we may feel exhausted. But, the truth is when you diagnose the reason correctly, you can fix your connectivity issues like a pro.
If your SimpliSafe camera is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, you need to check your Internet’s stability, the Wi-Fi credentials of your camera, and the proximity of your camera and the router. For detailed information, go on reading the following sections.
Steps to remove the jammed paper:
Check your camera
- If you think that your SimpliSafe camera is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, check whether the camera has been disconnected from the power source.
- If no lights are flashing on your camera, it signifies that it has been disconnected from the power source.
- In that case, check whether all the connections are intact and reconnect your camera to the power source.
Check the bandwidth
- SimpliSafe camera can work with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks alone. So, check the bandwidth of your router. Verify that your router is broadcasting the network signal in 2.4 GHz. In case it is set to 5 GHz, change the settings and set it to 2.4 GHz.
- Moreover, 2.4 GHz can penetrate walls better than 5 GHz.
Check your Internet connection and update the firmware
Check your Internet’s stability. If you don’t find any kind of problem with your Internet, you need to check whether any yellow light is flashing on your camera. If that is the case, you must update the firmware of your SimpliSafe camera. Follow these instructions to proceed further.
- Open the SimpliSafe application.
- Tap on Cameras and select the Settings icon.
- Choose your SimpliSafe camera that needs to be updated.
- Go down to the Motion Detection section and toggle off the Motion Events settings.
- Within a few minutes, you will see a pop up to update your firmware. Follow the instructions and update the firmware of your SimpliSafe camera.
- Moreover, your SimpliSafe camera may fail to connect to your Wi-Fi network when your camera is updating its software. In those instances, you must wait until the update process gets completed.
Check the proximity
- If your SimpliSafe camera is far away from your router, it might be the potential reason behind your connectivity issues.
- So, keep your SimpliSafe camera near your router and then check whether the connection issues are fixed.
If you still cannot connect your SimpliSafe camera to your Wi-Fi network, get back to us for expert assistance.