- Simplisafe Doorbell Problems
Simplisafe Doorbell Troubleshooting [Quick Steps]
SimpliSafe is a home security company that focuses on indoor and outdoor security. With the help of a Doorbell camera, you can monitor and protect your surrounding places. It is based on the next-generation security system that uses multiple sensors like heat and motions to detect movement at your door. Usually, the status LED will blink red if there is any problem with the SimpliSafe Doorbell. Below are the SimpliSafe Doorbell troubleshooting methods that can help you fix so many issues. Do check out the whole article and get a clear understanding of the various troubleshooting steps.
Reset SimpliSafe Doorbell
- If you witness the Doorbell offline message on the SimpliSafe application, then resetting the SimpliSafe Doorbell could be a better option.
- By removing the security screw, lift the SimpliSafe Doorbell from its bracket.
- You can see two circular buttons at the rear side of the SimpliSafe Doorbell, and they are above the micro-USB port. Press the larger one using a sharp object.
- While the SimpliSafe Doorbell is resetting, you will see that the light turns yellow.
- Once the resetting process gets completed, the light ring will start to flash white.
- Also, you will hear voice commands instructing you on how to use the SimpliSafe application.
- Set up the SimpliSafe camera using the SimpliSafe application.
- If the SimpliSafe Doorbell suddenly goes offline, reset its firmware by pressing the button that is present at the top of the SimpliSafe Doorbell.
- Now, set up the SimpliSafe Doorbell using its application and download the most recent version of the firmware.
- Related article: 6 Simple Steps To Hard Reset SimpliSafe Doorbell.
Simplisafe Doorbell Fails To Connect To WiFi
If your SimpliSafe Doorbell is not connecting to Wi-Fi, then perform the below troubleshooting instructions to resolve it.
- To get a real-time update, it is necessary to connect the SimpliSafe Doorbell to a stable Internet connection.
- Ensure that your wireless router’s broadcast signal is set to 2.4 GHz.
Note: SimpliSafe Doorbell is designed to work on 2.4 GHz and not in 5 GHz. So, if your router’s broadcast range is set as 5 GHz, then switch it to 2.4 GHz.
- Once you have switched the Wi-Fi bandwidth, connect the SimpliSafe Doorbell to the 2.4 GHz band.
- Check if you have entered the correct SSID and password of your wireless network.
- In the past, if you have changed the network password, then re-enter the new password correctly, and check whether the SimpliSafe Doorbell is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Also set the network SSID to viewable.
- To do so, go to your system’s network settings and configure accordingly.
- You can power cycle your Base Station to fix your issue.
- To do so, turn off your SimpliSafe Base Station and unplug the cable from the wall outlet.
- Take out the battery and wait for a few seconds.
- Wait patiently and reinstall the battery.
- Reconnect the cable and turn on the Base Station.
- Now, check if your SimpliSafe Doorbell can connect to your Wi-Fi network.
If your SimpliSafe Doorbell is encountering an issue, the problem might be with the batteries. Follow the below steps to rectify the battery issues.
- Get new batteries recommended for your SimpliSafe device.
- Open the battery cover of your device.
- Remove the old battery from its slot.
- Install the new battery in the slot and close the cover.
- Make sure that your Smart Lock device is turned off.
Once the battery is replaced, check whether the SimpliSafe Doorbell is working properly. If you have any kind of queries in SimpliSafe Doorbell troubleshooting, do call our technicians.