- STREAMING DEVICE WON’T CONNECT TO WI-FI
STREAMING DEVICE WON’T CONNECT TO WI-FI
Streaming devices enable you to watch movies, TV shows, and much more online. But, when you cannot connect your streaming device to your Wi-Fi network, it will be pretty annoying. However, when you try a few troubleshooting techniques, you can fix the issue efficiently. Carry out all the methods listed in this article and fix the connection issue.
Check the fundamentals
- Before you proceed with the troubleshooting techniques, you need to check the fundamentals. Check your Internet’s stability. If it is not stable enough, you will not be successful in connecting your streaming device to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you have changed your router’s password, you need to update the same on your streaming device. If you haven’t updated the password on your streaming device, you will probably end up in trouble.
Test your Wi-Fi network from different devices
- If you cannot connect your streaming device to your Wi-Fi network, you need to test your Wi-Fi network from different devices.
- If you can connect any other device to your network, it signifies that the issue is with your streaming device and not your router or the modem.
- In that case, try to keep your device closer to the router and check whether the issue is resolved. Sometimes, if your device is outdated, it may not match the requirements of the wireless standards. So, it is advisable to upgrade your device.
- If you find trouble connecting a different device to your Wi-Fi network, the problem lies with your router or the modem. Proceed with the following solution to fix this issue.
Restart your modem, router, and the streaming device
- In most instances, restarting all the devices can help you fix the connection issues.
- Turn off your modem, router, and your streaming device.
- Disconnect all the cables from your devices and leave them disconnected for a minute.
- Now, reconnect all the cables. Turn on your devices and check whether your connection issues are resolved.
- If the problem is not yet solved, check your Ethernet cable. If necessary, try to connect your modem and the router with a different Ethernet cable.
If you still cannot connect your streaming device to your Wi-Fi network, reach out to us for remote assistance by the experts.