- WD EASY STORE NOT WORKING ON MAC
WD EASY STORE NOT WORKING ON MAC
The WD Easy Store external hard drive is very popular in the market. It has a practical design and a large capacity to store huge data. WD Easy Store hard drives are fully compatible with most Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux). Because of the convenience that the hard drive provides to the end-user, most of us like to store our important data on it. However, malfunctioning is something that no one can avoid, and errors can occur anytime. Follow the below methods to troubleshoot the issue happening on your WD Easy Store external hard drive while connected to your Mac.
It is not a new problem that external hard drives stop working or suddenly fail to show up on your Mac. But you can perform some troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem. These are the most common reasons for the WD Easy Store hard drive not working on your Mac computer.
- Insufficient power supply.
- Lack of drive letters or outdated drivers.
- Improper formatting on the external hard drive.
- Partition problems.
- Dead USB port or faulty USB connector.
- External hard drive corruption.
- Physical damage to the hard drive.
TRY OUT A NEW USB PORT:
- If your Mac has multiple USB ports, then try to connect the WD Easy Store external drive to another port.
- Make sure that the USB ports are functioning properly on your Mac.
- Sometimes, due to no usage, USB ports may not function properly.
- Suppose your WD Easy Store is recognized by connecting to another USB port, then the troubleshooting part is over.
TRY OUT A NEW USB CABLE:
- The second troubleshooting step one needs to look for is – checking the USB cable.
- If the USB cable is damaged on any side, this may lead to the WD Easy Store external hard drive malfunction.
- Try out a new USB cable, and if the hard drive is working as before, this means that the fault is with the USB cable and not with the WD Easy Store drive.
MANUALLY MOUNT WD EASY STORE IN DISK UTILITY:
In a few scenarios, it is noticed that the Mac computer does not detect the WD Easy Store. Follow the below steps to manually mount the hard drive.
- Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- Click Show All Devices.
- Select your WD Easy Store hard drive from the left sidebar and click on the Mount button.
CHANGE PREFERENCE SETTINGS:
If you haven’t allowed your Mac to access the drive in the preference settings, then your Mac won’t show the WD hard drive on the desktop. To edit the settings, follow the steps given below.
- Launch the Finder window.
- Go to Preferences and select General.
- Select External disks from the Show these items on the desktop option.
- Now, allow the Mac to access the WD Easy Store hard drive.
CHECK THE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE:
- Malware or virus attacks can lead to the malfunctioning of the WD Easy Store external hard drive.
- Run a complete system scan on your Mac.
- If you find any malware on your computer, fix the same as soon as possible.
FORMAT THE DRIVE:
Once the hard drive is showing up, try to format the drive once.
- On macOS Dock, select Finder.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Select the Disk Utility application.
- In the Disk Utility window, choose the WD Easy Store hard drive icon from the sidebar. Next, click the Erase tab.
- From the Erase dialog box, select the Volume Format option. Choose APFS or MS-DOS, or exFAT. Now the macOS erases the entire data on the drive and reformats it to APFS, FAT32, or exFAT format.
- Wait patiently until the formatting process gets completed.
- Once the formatting is done, eject the drive before pulling out the USB cable.
- Now you can use the WD Easy Store hard drive as a new hard drive on your Mac system.
So, these are some of the best fixes that you can follow to get rid of the “WD Easy Store not working on your Mac computer” issue. For further knowledge and queries, call our technicians.