- WD MY CLOUD INSTALL WINDOWS 10
WD MY CLOUD INSTALL WINDOWS 10
Having a personal storage device like WD My Cloud keeps your data more secure. You can access the data on your WD My Cloud device from anywhere as it saves the data on the cloud. This page will be the ultimate guide if you wish to work on your WD My Cloud device from a Windows 10 computer. Continue reading this page for detailed instructions about the WD My Cloud installation on your Windows 10 computer.
- First, check if you have a stable Internet connection and a working wireless router.
- Make sure that you have a standard Ethernet cable handy.
- Connect your WD My Cloud device to a power supply socket using the power adapter.
- Connect the device to your wireless router using the Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the device to turn on automatically.
- When the power LED turns solid blue, proceed to set up your device from your computer.
Configuring WD My Cloud using a web browser:
- To begin with, connect your PC to the same network as your WD device.
- Open the default browser, enter the WD device URL in the address bar, and hit the Enter key.
- You can identify the URL to access your My Cloud web page from the label located at the backside of your WD device.
- Click the Login button and select your language from the drop-down menu.
- Next, click on the Western Digital End User License Agreement link to read the license agreement.
- Click I accept and select the I agree checkbox.
- On the Getting Started screen, click Continue.
- Input a password in the available field and click Next.
- Enter your name and email address to create an account with remote access capability.
- Click Save –> Next.
- If necessary, upload all your content to the cloud storage.
- You can also create a backup of your data.
- Click the Automatically update device firmware when available checkbox to keep your device firmware updated.
- Click Finish to complete the WD My Cloud installation on your Windows 10 computer.
- Access the WD My Cloud dashboard and check if the setup is successful.