- WD MY CLOUD LOGIN PROBLEMS
WD MY CLOUD LOGIN PROBLEMS
WD My Cloud is a personal storage device that can be shared among computers, tablets, and even smartphones. It simplifies your life in many ways. Note that not all hard drives are perfect. There are WD My Cloud devices that are also made for the Mac operating system. There is also an added feature, which is the Time Machine backup application. It is a built-in application that helps you keep a timely backup of all your information like files, folders, movies, and other documents. WD My Cloud makes life easier, regardless of the Windows or Mac operating system.
Over a period of usage, the WD My Cloud device might face some issues. The problem might not always be with your computer. There could be problems with the internal section of the WD My Cloud hard drive as well.
Several users experience the WD My Cloud login issues frequently. Here are some troubleshooting methods that can prove to be useful to solve the WD My Cloud login problems.
Method 1: Check the Hardware setup
If you have login problems with the WD My Cloud device, you need to check the initial setup steps to see if it’s done properly.
- First, connect the WD My Cloud power adapter to the main power source.
- Ensure that you have an Ethernet cable in hand.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the rear end of the router and to the back of the WD My Cloud device.
- Wait for a while; you will notice the LED of WD My Cloud turn blue.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the router wirelessly.
- Ensure that the WD My Cloud device is firmly connected to the power source and to your computer.
Once the initial setup configuration is complete, you won’t encounter WD My Cloud login issues.
Method 2: Check the Internet settings
Without an Internet connection, there’s no way you can have a successful login for the WD My Cloud device.
- Ensure that the computer and the WD device are placed within the proximity distance of the router.
- Try to connect the WD My Cloud device to the Internet, in case it isn’t connected yet.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable by opening a browser on your computer and accessing a random website.
Method 3: Download the WD software
- Open the Safari browser on your computer (Mac).
- Click the address bar of the browser and type the URL for WD Setup.
- When the page opens, choose your WD My Cloud option and follow the commands on the screen.
- Click the Download Setup Software button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and install the WD My Cloud setup file.
- You will see a WD My Cloud window open.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Click the checkbox for the license agreement.
- Select Next.
- Once the initial process is done, you will see a screen that says “Checking Your Device.” You will notice a progress bar below.
- You must set up a My Cloud account.
- Enter the name in the given fields.
- Enter the email address for verification purposes.
- That’s it! You have successfully connected and set up the WD My Cloud device to your Mac computer.
You will no longer face WD My Cloud login issues.
Method 4: Perform a Network Reset
- Open Settings (Windows + I).
- The Settings window will open.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click the Status tab located on the left side of the page.
- Choose Network reset.
- Select Reset Now and wait for the process to complete.
- Reconnect the WD My Cloud device and you can log in to the WD account easily.
Method 5: Configure Registry Editor
- Open the Run command window (Windows + R).
- Type regedit and press the Enter button.
- Navigate to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation.
- Perform a double-click on the LanmanWorkstation folder.
- Perform a right-click on the empty space and select New.
- Navigate and select the DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
- Name the DWORD value as AllowInsecureGuestAuth.
- Set the value data as 1.
- Click the radio button for the Hexadecimal option.
- Close the Run command and restart your computer.
Connect the WD My Cloud device and try to log in. By now, all your login problems should be resolved.
Work on the methods described above to ensure that you no longer face WD My Cloud login problems.