- Wd My Passport 2tb Setup On Mac
Wd My Passport 2tb Mac Setup | Simple Steps
WD is a leading hard drive producer at present. The WD My Passport 2TB hard drive is one of the most versatile and user-friendly Western Digital hard drives. This storage device can help take a load off the baggage when it comes to traveling light. You can easily save all the important files and folders for your personal and professional use using this drive. Follow the below given steps for Wd My Passport 2tb Mac Setup and driver download.
Here’s all the valuable information you need to follow to use the WD My Passport 2TB drive on your Mac computer.
- Unpack the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive from the box.
- Remove the packaging material and unpack the USB cable.
- Now, you need to connect one of the ends of the USB cable to the My Passport hard drive (that matches the pin slot) and the other end to your Mac computer.
- Wait for a window to open.
- Double-click on the file that goes by the name WD Apps Setup. Click the Next button and follow the commands on the screen.
- The installation process will begin.
- Click Finish once the process is complete.
Format Hard Drive For Mac
To use the WD My Passport 2TB drive on your Mac computer, you need to reformat it.
- Connect the WD My Passport drive to your Mac by referring to the above section.
- Click the Spotlight search on your Mac.
- Type Disk Utility. The Disk Utility window will open.
- From the left pane, select the connected WD hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- You can now rename the WD hard drive.
- Next, select a format from the drop-down list. Click Erase.
With the help of the hard drive driver, you will be easily able to operate the hard drive on your Mac computer. The driver download can be done from the official WD support page.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Access the WD support page.
- Now, locate and click the Downloads tab. The Software & Download page will open.
- Select the WD My Passport device.
- Click the Submit button.
- Choose the Software for Mac option.
- You can now select the driver from the section and click the DOWNLOAD button.
- The driver for Mac will be downloaded.
Your WD My Passport 2TB hard drive is now fully ready to be used on your Mac.
With the simple procedure described, you can easily set up and use the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive on your Mac computer. For more assistance, click the CALL button located on this page.