- Wd My Passport Ultra Driver
Wd My Passport Ultra Driver Windows 10 [Simple Steps]
Western Digital (WD) My Passport Ultra is one of the most portable external hard drives that offer high capacity. Also, it comes with ultra-fast USB 3.1 connectivity, cloud backup, password protection and more. On this page, you’re going to see the WD My Passport Ultra driver Windows 10.
“WD Discovery” is the recommended Western Digital Passport Ultra driver for Windows 10. This application is attached along with the drive. After connecting the devices (drive and computer) together, you can open and install the WD Discovery driver on your computer. (Scroll down this page to know more.)
WD Drive Utilities, WD Security, and WD Backup are the other applications available for the WD My Passport Ultra drive. These applications can be accessed from the Apps tab of the WD Discovery application.
Installing WD Discovery Application On Windows 10
- Connect your WD My Passport drive to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for your Windows 10 computer to detect the connected drive.
- Once it is detected, open the drive and double-click on the file named “WD Discovery.exe.” Now, a pop-up dialog box will open; click the Install button in it.
- Install the WD Discovery application by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the application is installed, the WD devices that are connected to your Windows 10 computer will be displayed on the screen under the Devices section.
- Now, to access the other WD applications, such as WD Drive Utilities, WD Security, and WD Backup, click the Apps tab followed by the Open button beside the respective app that you wish to use.
WD Discovery: Helps you to access the WD drives that are connected to your computer. Also, you can keep up to date with the WD applications, such as WD Backup, WD Security, etc.
WD Backup: You can use this application to back up and store your data securely.
WD Drive Utilities: You can use this application for running drive diagnostics, erasing & formatting drive, registering drive, managing RAID configuration, and more.
WD Security: Offers password protection and the 256-bit hardware data encryption capability.
Also read: Quick Steps To Fix WD My Passport Ultra not showing up.
Click Call to know more about the WD My Passport Ultra driver for Windows 10.