- WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA NOT SHOWING UP
WD MY PASSPORT ULTRA NOT SHOWING UP
Having the best storage device for storing every digital content makes your work easier. With storage devices like WD My Passport Ultra, you expect more from it. While connecting the device to your computer, you’ll be expecting it to be seen on your Windows desktop. But, when it is not detected by your computer, there’s quite a problem with your device. Look at this page to resolve your WD My Passport Ultra – “not showing up” issue.
Why is my WD My Passport Ultra not showing up?
When you connect WD My Passport Ultra to your computer, it should automatically get detected by your computer. But, when it does not show up, you have to check whether the WD My Passport drive is connected securely or not. If not, disconnect the power cable and reconnect it. Now, check whether your storage device is actually seen or not.
Performing the basic troubleshooting
- You need to try a different USB cable or a different port on your computer. So, connect using a different USB cable, and you’ll have to check whether the device is connected or not.
- If the device is still not visible, try using a different port or computer. This might help you resolve the problem quickly.
Enabling Network Browsing Feature:
Due to the disabled SMB 1.0/CIFS file-sharing support on Windows 10, WD My Passport Ultra will not be detected by your computer. So, enable it first and check whether it helps you in fixing the issue.
- Click the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type windows feature. From the search results, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- On the Windows features screen, expand SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and enable it. Now, select the checkboxes under that option and click OK.
- Finally, click the Restart now button. Your computer starts to reboot. After, check whether your computer detects the external hard drive or not.
Connect the drive using another USB cable:
Sometimes, a damaged USB cable causes this issue. Try using a different USB cable for a better experience. Additionally, you can also connect the USB cable to different USB ports of your computer. This should resolve the problem.
Using the built-in option – Run the troubleshooter:
Windows users can troubleshoot the problem with a built-in troubleshooting option. It fixes the hardware problem.
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Start menu. Enter troubleshooting in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- In the Troubleshooting window, click the Hardware and Devices option.
- Now, select the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The system begins to detect the problem and fixes any hardware or software issues.
Updating the device driver in Device Manager:
- On your Windows 10, navigate to Settings by clicking the Start menu.
- In the Settings window, locate and click Devices. It directs you to the Devices screen.
- From there, navigate to Device Manager.
- Find and right-click the WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive and select Update driver.
- Continue with the further on-screen process by choosing the Search automatically for updated device software option. This should resolve the problem.
- The basic troubleshooting that you need to do is check whether your external hard drive is properly plugged in or not. If it is not plugged in, plug it in again.
- Change the drive letter for your WD My Passport external hard drive.
- Sometimes, an outdated Universal Serial Bus controller might stop your Windows 10 from detecting WD My Passport Ultra. So, it is better to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem.
Changing the drive letter or path
Sometimes, by changing the drive path or letter, you’ll be able to fix the “not showing” issue. Here’s how to change it.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys together. It opens the Run dialog box.
- Type the required command to open the Disk Management window in the empty text field. It directs you to the Disk Management window.
- Here, you’ll find a list of drivers.
- Locate and right-click the printer icon.
- Select the Change Drive Letter and Paths… option. A pop up window appears on the screen. You’ll have to now select the Add icon next to the Assign the following driver letter option.
- Now, click the OK button to save the setting.
If your WD My Passport Ultra is already having a drive letter path, you need to check whether you’ve already had that drive letter path. If you have it, you need to change it immediately. Here’s how to do it.
After connecting your external hard drive to your computer, you will be assigned a letter next to your hard drive name. Some common drive letters are assigned by default after completely connecting your hard drive to your computer. If you’ve decided to assign a new drive letter for your external hard drive, check this section for step-by-step instructions.
You can change the drive letter using the Disk Management window on your Windows computer. It is recommended to change your external hard drive letter to keep it organized. Let us now learn how to change the WD external hard drive letter in detail.
Changing the external hard drive letter on your Windows computer:
- On your Windows computer, go to the Start menu.
- From there, choose Disk Management. Or else, you can access the Disk Management window through the Run dialog box.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard. It opens the Run dialog box.
- Type the required command and then click OK. The Disk Management window opens now. If you face trouble in opening Disk Management, try to access it from Computer Management.
- In the Disk Management window, you’ll be seeing all the hard drives that are connected to your Windows computer.
- Locate and right-click your external hard drive. From the available lists, you can select the Change Drive Letter and Paths… option.
- In the pop-up window, select the drive letter that you want to change.
- Select the Change button at the bottom.
- Now, you need to select the Assign the following drive letter radio button.
- Select your desired drive letter from the drop-down menu and then click OK to save the changes.
- In the new window, select Yes.
- Exit the Disk Management window.
- A new drive letter is now assigned to your WD external hard drive. You can cross-check the hard drive by clicking This PC.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to change your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive letter on your Windows computer. Try to implement the steps as described above. We suggest you to implement the solutions to fix the problem and enjoy using your WD My Passport Ultra.