What is Computer Security
Computer security involves the systems and programs protecting computers and their information from theft, modification, and unauthorized access. With the passing years, data protection has become a major issue in the information industry. Encryption mechanisms are being developed at a faster rate such that only the legit owner can access the data.
Why we need it?
It is important because it prevents unauthorized access of your data. It ensures the termination of any malicious intrusions and keeps up the computer’s overall performance.
How Does Computer Security Works?
It uses authentication mechanisms and encryption keys to keep your hard drive safe. Its code reviews and unit testing are aimed at better security
What are the types of Computer Security?
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Standalone Computer Security
- Cloud Security
- Internet of Things Security
How to Check System Security?
- Install a security analyzer that will examine your computer settings and detect any potential problems.
- Use only the latest and updated browser. See if every plug-in installed in it is up-to-date.
- Inspect your computer’s network Firewall to see if it is visible to the hackers.
- Delete unwanted files permanently and use a file recovery software to check if the fragments of the deleted files still exist.
- Configure the settings of your social accounts targeting the utmost privacy possible.
How can you Protect your System’s Security?
- Install Network Firewall on your computer. Turn on Firewall if it is already on your computer.
- Download and install Anti-virus software.
- Keep the Windows up-to-date.
- Have Anti-spyware installed to block any threats.
- Set complex and strong passwords.
- Review and configure the browser settings such that any intrusion is not welcomed.
Importance of Computer Security Software
- Maintaining intellectual property with safety.
- Protecting your customers’ and clients’ sensitive information.
- Preventing the loss of data.
- Avoiding future repair costs.
- Keeping up the brand reputation.
What are the Elements of System Security?
What is the Best Computer Security Software?
The best software offers a 100% guarantee against virus intrusion and comes with a lot more features.
Norton Security Premium, Bitdefender 2019, and Kaspersky Total Security are some of the most preferred security software that provides total security.
How can we Improve Computer Security?
- Secure your wireless network device- router or modem.
- Enable Windows Firewall.
- Use Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software.
- Eliminate the unwanted files.
- Take caution while configuring the System settings.
- Make use of a restricted user account for day-to-day activities.
- Configure the Web browser settings such that malicious websites are blocked.
- Automate software updates.
How can System Security be Achieved?
It can be achieved by following a few safety procedures. They are as follows.
- Block pop-up ads on your browser.
- Use the Data saver option as it blocks unnecessary ads and videos.
- Be cautious of the email attachments and malicious links.
- Take care when providing confidential information.
- Set strong and unique passwords that are hard to crack.
- Always use only the latest updated versions of the software.
- Grant access only to one person as the administrator.
- Review the computer settings and customize to improve its security.
- Have anti-virus software installed on your computer.
- Configure Firewall and turn it on in your computer.
How to Change System Security Settings?
- On the Control Panel of your Windows computer, find the Windows Firewall option.
- Turn it on. Hit the Allow an App or Feature Through Windows Firewall to find a list of programs.
- Head to Change Settings and grant access to each program on the public and private networks.
- Move to the User Accounts on the Control Panel.
- Select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Pick a warning level between low and high. Tap OK.
How can I Check Computer Security?
- Use Mozilla’s Plugin Checker to see the plug-ins installed on the browser.
- Run a port test with PortTest to scan your Windows Firewall.
- Delete the unwanted files permanently and use a file recovery program to see if any deleted file remains on the system.
- Or head to the Review your computer’s status option within the System and Security tab in your Windows computer.
- View the computer status displayed by the Action Center.
- Perform the necessary fixes to solve the pending issues.
What is a Captcha and why are CAPTCHAs important?
CAPTCHA stands for Completely Automated Public Turning Test To Tell Computers and Human Apart. It is a form of security check to differentiate humans from robots. The end users are requested to recognize characters in a form that robots cannot.
What is Computer Security Risk?
Any phenomenon that puts computer data’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability at risk is called a computer security risk. Unattended digital devices, unpatched operating systems, etc., fall under risks.
What are Computer Security Threats?
Any technology or process that causes loss or corruption of data on a computer is referred to as a computer security threat. It happens via malware or hacking.
examples of threats that can compromise computer security
- Computer virus
- Trojan horse