What is Ecobee4 Geofencing?
It is important to know What is Ecobee4 Geofencing prior to start using it. Geofencing is a location-based activation that uses your phone for detection when you go past a boundary which has been set previously. An alert is sent about it to the iCloud servers.
How to Set Up Geofencing on Ecobee4?
Quick Steps for Geofencing Setup
- Download the Ecobee app on your phone. Press the profile icon displayed in the top left corner.
- Select the Set Up Geofence option. Touch the toggle switch to turn it on and select Geofence Radius. Set the radius.
- In the next window, choose the Participating Device and set the When Entering Geofence and When leaving Geofence location options.
- In the next screen, select a Comfort Setting of your choice and click OK to apply it.
How can Multiple Users Do Ecobee4 Geofencing?
- Geofencing can be done with multiple users in Ecobee4 but with certain limitations.
- While registering your account with the thermostat, only one Email address can be used.
- You can share the Username and Password of your Email to your family or friends who want to access it.
- They can download the mobile app and use the credentials to log in from their device.
How can be Ecobee4 Geofencing Used on iPhone?
- Download the Ecobee app for iOS from the App Store and install it.
- Tap the Green arrow displayed in the main screen of your thermostat. Choose the Manage HomeKit option from the menu.
- A list of options will be displayed within it. Select the Geofence option. Enable Geofence in the next pop-up window and press Let’s Go option.
- Set the radius of the Geofence, select the scenes that might trigger when you enter the boundary, and leave the boundary.
- Tap Done in the right corner and the Geofence will be set up.
Ecobee4 Geofencing Troubleshooting Guidance
How to fix Ecobee4 Geofencing not Working Issue?
- Ecobee4 Geofencing not working error can be resolved using the following solutions.
- Reset your Ecobee4 thermostat and see if it is functioning properly.
- Uninstall the Ecobee app from your device and install it again to see if it is working.
- Unregister the account that is associated with your Ecobee app and re-register it.
- If more than one device is associated with the thermostat using the same set of credentials, then log in with the registered one. Logout from all other devices.
- For More Detail on What is Ecobee4 Geofencing & How to Use it, Kindly Contact Us.