- Error 79 On HP Printer
What Is Error 79 On HP Printer?
The HP printer are considered to be one of the best printers with many features. But for what is error 79 on HP printer. The Error 79 is a quite common error and it generally occurs when you have a print job that is corrupted, or there is some miscommunication between the spooler and the printer. This error could even occur due to a firmware problem.
In this article, we will be describing some troubleshooting methods to get the error resolved in no time.
Method 1: Turn Off And Turn On
- The immediate solution would be to restart the printer.
- Turn off the HP printer and unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Hold for some time and then turn on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to power on and initialize.
- You should be resolved from Error 79 on the printer.
Method 2: Reinstall DIMM
- If you have installed a DIMM to increase the printer memory, it could also be the reason for what is Error 79 on HP printer.
- Turn off the HP printer.
- Remove the DIMM and then insert it back again.
- Turn on the printer.
Method 3: Reinstall Drivers
- Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type Programs and press the Enter button.
- The Programs window will open, showing you the list of programs installed on your computer.
- Select the HP printer driver, perform a right-click, and select the option Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
- Open the default browser and reinstall the HP printer driver downloaded from the official HP support page.
Method 4: Firmware Update
- You can download the HP printer firmware from the Official HP support page.
- Run the default browser and enter the URL for the HP support page.
- Enter the HP printer model in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- Locate and download the latest firmware and see what is error 79 on HP printer.
- Once downloaded, install the firmware.
- You will now no longer encounter the Error code 79.