Why is Canon Printer Offline?
Printers are not exceptional when it comes to encountering issues and dealing with them. Yet, they can be easily diagnosed and fixed. One such common problem in Canon printers is the Printer is Offline message appearing on the machine’s LCD screen. Various reasons might be attributed to why is Canon printer offline. Find below how to solve this problem and get ready to print.
Quick Steps Printer Offline Issue
- Access Settings > Printers > Your printer on your computer.
- Right-click it and choose Use Printer Online.
- If the error still persists, a printer icon appears to the left on the Windows taskbar.
- Double-click the printer icon to open the Printer window.
- Click the Document title > Document > Restart.
- Or simply turn off the printer.
- Hold on for a few seconds before turning it back on.
- Print out the network settings report and check the network connection status.
Detailed Guidance for Why is Canon Printer Offline
Reconnect to the Network
- Press down the printer’s Wi-Fi button until the light next to it starts blinking.
- Now, press the WPS button the router within two minutes.
- Once the wireless connection is established between the two devices, the Wi-Fi light will remain lit.
Reboot the Print Spooler Service
- Press Windows & R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Key in the text services.msc in the Run dialog box that appears and hit Enter.
- Keep pressing P until you find Print Spooler in the Windows services.
- Right-click Print Spooler and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Navigate to General > Stop > OK.
- Delete the files in the location: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.
- Head back to General > Start and set the spooler’s Startup type as Automatic.
- Re-power your computer and check if the error is cleared.
Uncheck Use Printer Offline
- Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
- Access Devices and Printers > Your printer.
- Right-click your printer and choose See what’s printing.
- Select Printer at the top left and deselect the Use printer offline option.
- Pick Cancel all documents and then try connecting your computer.
Update Canon Printer Drivers
- Launch open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows and R keys together simultaneously.
- Type msc and hit Enter.
- Scroll through the list of Device Manager.
- Open Print queues and right-click the printer hardware.
- Pick Update driver from the pop-up menu.
- Browse and locate the downloaded driver file and update it.
- See if the error is fixed after restarting the computer.
- Check if the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Place the printer close to the router and then see if the signal strength has improved.
- Keep other electromagnetic devices in the room aside to prevent interference.
- Access Settings > Wireless Settings and print a network settings report.
- Push the printer’s Power button to turn it off.
- After about 10 seconds, switch it on back.
- Unplug the router and then re-power after 10 seconds.
- Re-connect the printer to the wireless router.
The error will have been fixed by now. Try printing a test page. For, instant solution for why is Canon printer offline issue contact our expert.