- Why is my QuickBooks not working
Why is my QuickBooks not working
Are you a QuickBooks user? Do you face any errors while opening QuickBooks? Welcome to this article. You have visited the correct page to know the causes and the solutions to rectify the problem.
Occasionally, users face the issue of ‘QuickBooks stopped working,’ or ‘QuickBooks not responding properly’ while opening it. Reasons for QuickBooks not working are given here:
- The name of your company might be long.
- There may be any corrupted hard drives.
- Damaged Windows OS.
- Conflict with some programs on your PC.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation failure.
- Damaged program files.
- The QBWUSER.INI file might be missing or damaged.
How to fix the problem of QuickBooks not working?
Restart your PC
- Click Start on your Windows PC.
- Choose the Restart option.
- Once the device resumes, open the QuickBooks software and make sure that the problem gets fixed.
- If not, proceed to the following methods.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Make sure that you connect your computer to the Internet.
- Go to the official web page of QuickBooks.
- Search for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the tool and install the software.
- Once installed, make sure that you close all the programs running in the background.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for a few minutes until the diagnostic tool completes the repairing process.
- Once completed, restart your device.
- Open QuickBooks and make sure that this method fixes the issue.
Rename the QBWUSER.INI File
- Changing the file’s name will result in erasing the data of the list of company files that you opened before.
- Go to the Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks to open the folder where QBWUSER.INI is stored.
- Once you have opened it, right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and choose the Rename option.
- Rename it as QBWUSER.ini.old.
- Now, open the QuickBooks software and make sure that it opens without any issue.
- If you can open the sample file and your company file name is not opening, copy the file.
- Open any other folder randomly and paste the file.
- Now, try opening the company file name from the new folder.
- Make sure that the problem gets fixed.
Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
In case the above method does not fix the problem, uninstall the QuickBooks software and reinstall it.
- Click Start on your PC and select the Control Panel option from the list.
- Choose the Programs and Features option.
- Make sure that you select the QuickBooks software from the list.
- Once selected, click Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm the uninstallation.
- Now, go to the official QuickBooks web page.
- Search for the QuickBooks software on the Downloads page.
- Select the software and click Download.
- Once downloaded, click Install.
- Click Accept & Continue on the Welcome page.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once installed, open QuickBooks and make sure that no error occurs.