- Xfinity Xb6 Modem Setup
Xfinity Xb6 Modem Setup
Are you thinking of getting Xfinity service? Setting up the Xfinity XB6 modem is very simple. Get connected with the step-by-step guideline on this page and also know more about the Xfinity XB6 modem.
Xfinity XB6 modem setup
- Initially, you need to check whether the Xfinity XB6 package is properly shipped. Unpack the package and verify all the components present inside it.
- Take out the Xfinity modem from the box and remove all the protective tapes from it.
- You’ll find a power cable, an Ethernet cable, and a power adapter inside the box.
- The modem has a power button located at the back, and you have available ports in hand. Use those ports while setting up the Xfinity XB6 modem.
If you are using mobile, follow the instructions mentioned below.
At first, verify whether you’ve downloaded the app for setting up the Xfinity XB6 modem. Download the Xfinity application from Google Play Store or Apple App store according to your preference.
- On your device, launch the Xfinity application.
- Using the Xfinity ID and password, sign in to your Xfinity account.
- On the welcome screen, you need to select Get Started. The activation process takes about 15 – 20 minutes. You don’t have to worry about it.
- Proceed to the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab.
- Under the Devices section, you need to expand the Activate xFi Gateway or Modem option.
It’ll direct you to the next step. In this step, you need to connect the cable to a power outlet and also to your XB6 modem. You’ll see the light blinking on your modem at the top.
- Now, select the Ready to Go blue button and continue to perform the on-screen instructions.
- The device will be now powered up, and then you need to click the Check Connection option.
- Proceed to connect the Wi-Fi network by entering the SSID and password.
- Continue to perform the on-screen instructions to complete the Xfinity XB6 modem setup.
- In the end, just confirm the Wi-Fi name and password. Finally, select the Confirm and Finish Up option and perform the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. The Xfinity XB6 modem setup is now complete.